I seem to have the same problem as LaxMan2010-11 in Premiere Elements 8 won't load recently saved project was there a resolution?
Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.
So, let us focus in on your particular situation in order to find your answer.
What computer operating system is involved? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.
1. Have you gone through that usual drill in the older thread that you referenced?
a. latest version of QuickTime installed
b. problem looked at with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled
c. video card/graphics card driver up to date
1. Do you have installed the 8.0.1 Update. If not, please do so using the Adobe online link
2. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrator Privileges and with Run As Administrator applied to the
program's desktop icon?
3. Is your problem confined to opening saved closed project created with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 on another computer? If yes, then
open a new project and make sure that the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features are turned off.
4. Have you moved, deleted, or renamed folders/files that were imported into the project(s) after the project's was saved and closed?
Please review the following Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged projects and determine if any of the suggested troubleshooting
works for you.
We will be watching for your follow up.