5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2014 12:58 PM by A.T. Romano

The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?

Wectonic

Hello,

today I bought Premiere Elements 12. I want to edit records and export them with Premiere Elements 12. I recognized that the audio is extremely asynchronus to the video. I can't work with that.

I read that Shadowplay records with 59,34 FPS or so...maybe that is the problem?

Regards

David G.

• 1. Re: The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

For an NVidia program you should check with ShadowPlay PC Game Capture Software | GeForce | GeForce to find out how to configure your recording

My GUESS is that you have a Variable FRAME Rate video, where what you need is a Constant Frame Rate

• 2. Re: The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?
            Wectonic Level 1

Well, now I'm rendering the video with Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 and this software has no problems with it...everything works perfectly...

I regret to buy Premiere Elements 12 for 50€...it's crap...

• 3. Re: The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Wectonic

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on? Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

From what I have read about the ShadowPlay recorder, you are probably outputting from it 1080p video with H.264 video compression. What is the file extension?

Your report of a frame rate of 59.34 frames per second for your video suggests that the recorder is recording with a variable frame rate. Premiere Elements has problems with a variable frame rate - problems could be out of sync audio to not being able to import the file at all.

As a troubleshooting aid at this point, please import your problem video into HandBrake   https://handbrake.fr/  and export it as a H.264.mp4 file with a constant frame rate of

59.94 frames per second. It is quick and easy. If you have any problems doing that, I will post a step by step HandBrake how to for the task. Then import this HandBrake converted file into Premiere Elements project and determine if problem is gone.

Mini Preview

HandBrake.JPG

Also, please let us know the bitrate settings for ShadowPlay for both video and audio. How much of the ShadowPlay recording can be user customized.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?
                Wectonic Level 1

Well with this tool I'm not sure with a few settings.

In the tab "Video":

I set the quality at Lossless..this is important for me.

At optimise video:

x264 Preset?

H.264 Level?

Can you tell me please the settings for this?

Regards

David G.

• 5. Re: The audio of Nvidia Shadowplay records is asynchronus to the video in Premiere Elements 12! How can I fix it?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

David G.

I will post the HandBrake settings but I need to know what you are taking into HandBrake...

1920 x 1080 @ 30 progressive frames per second

or

1920 x 1080 @ what you reported 59.34 which implies a variable frame rate involvement because the 54.34 is not 54.94.

All we want to establish now is if or if not the a variable frame is at the core of your audio out of sync issue. The output from Handbrake will be

H.264.mp4 1920 x 1080 @ 59.94 progressive frames per second.

If you want to change the Video Tab's Frame Rate field to 29.97, fine. But you are introducing a variable since that is not the frame rate that you report for your video. But, if 29.97, like 59.94, just make sure that the "Constant Framerate" is doted.

The opening page of HandBrake should look like

HandBrakeStep1.JPG

Essentially just open to for the File Menu/Open File. I also typically change the "Chapters" to "seconds" at the top.

Browse to and set destination for the .mp4 export.

Container = Mp4.

Leaving everything else as is, move on to the Video Tab as shown in screenshot in previous post.

The hit Start button at top of left of workspace and wait for the Queue Finished in the progress bar at the bottom left

of the interface, indicating export completed.

Import that file into Premiere Elements using the

NTSC

AVCHD

AVCHD 1080p60

project preset

Then let us know how the file plays back in the Edit area monitor (assumed with no colored line over its content before any edits of it).

Please review and consider. Any questions, please let me know and we will work through them.

Thanks.

ATR