4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 1:39 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I remove menu music?

Soopytwist

Specifically the Scene Selection menus? The front end of my DVD menu plays a portion of my video with the audio which is what I wanted but in the scene selection menus it plays some stupid clapping sounds and then some random guitar music, not mine - I don't want this so how do I get rid of it? I assume it comes with that menu theme.

I'm using the blue stage menu with the audience silhouettes and light rigging at the top.

EDIT

"Performance Star" is the name of the menu theme. I don't want the clapping or music because it completely ruins my DVD.

• 1. Re: How do I remove menu music?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Soopytwist

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running.

Also, what do you want to do

a. Scene Menu without music at all

b. Scene menu with your own music

Will be back in a flash as soon as I know that information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How do I remove menu music?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Soopytwist

I have just deleted my post 2 and have decided to wait for the details requested before offering the best how to for your

situation.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I remove menu music?
              Soopytwist Level 1

Thanks. Got your other posts in my inbox. Sorry I didn't get back sooner I've been kind of busy.

I found a way to "add" a sound file to the background image of the menus, however I still couldn't find a way to have no sound at all, apart from adding a blank WAV or MP3 to the background to override the the default sound. As it happened I needed my own sound file for the menu background anyway so that turned out okay.

For having no sound at all I'll have a look at your other replies and give that a go.

Oh and I have Elements 10 and Windows 7 and want no sound at all in the scene selection menus.

• 4. Re: How do I remove menu music?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Soopytwist

Thanks for the information which has enabled me to fine tune the details needed for the no sound in the scene menu of Performance Star/Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit.

Supplemental Information Specific to Performance Star Theme

The background sound (which is the same for this main menu and scene menu) comes from one file named performance_star_bg.mp3 in the (A) Performance Star theme folder. The naming of that file is critical to the matter. Written as is, the file name will dictate that this particular sound will be in the main and scene menus.

If you want the sound for only the main menu, then you remove the performance _star_bg.mp3 from the theme folder and you use a copy of that file which you have renamed specifically to

performance_star_mm_bg.mp3

If you want the sound for only the scene menu, then you remove the performance_star_bg.mp3 from the theme folder and you use a copy of that file which you have renamed specifically to

performance_star_sm_bg.mp3

The path to the performance_star_bg.mp3 is as follows for Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 10

DVD Templates

Common

Entertainment

(A) Performance Star

Solution

If you want the Adobe sound in the main menu and no sound in the scene menu, then

a. Remove the performance_star_bg.mp3 from the (A) Performance Star Folder (store the original file for future)

and

b. Have in the (A) Performance Star Folder only the file named performance_star_mm_bg.mp3

I road tested this in Premiere Elements 10 Windows 7 64 bit, and it worked for me. as described.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR