4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2014 9:32 AM by Zxy

Photoshop SC6 crashes after start up

Zxy

This just started  today, last night I was using PS-SC6 just fine, then  started the program this evening and crashes at start. I did try to remove prefs and give it a clean start but still does it.  I'm fearing I may have to uninstall all Adobe products and  reinstall all  with a clean install to see if that helps. Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Photoshop SC6 crashes after start up
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Look at the crash reports see what they show is crashing Photoshop.

• 2. Re: Photoshop SC6 crashes after start up
            Zxy Level 1

I tried that but it doesn't tell me anything.other then this.

GetImageViewResourceSharingGLContext

• 3. Re: Photoshop SC6 crashes after start up
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Zxy wrote:

I tried that but it doesn't tell me anything.other then this.

GetImageViewResourceSharingGLContext

Where did that come from??  Does not look like an error message or anything from a crash report.  If you feel you need to re-install.  Just re-install CS6 on top  of the failing install.  That should back level CS6 to version 13.0 which is the buggiest version of Photoshop ever release be Adobe and it very unstable. The first thing to do is use menu Help>updates. If you re-install this way you preferences and third party add-ons should still be in place and CS6 should be activated.

• 4. Re: Photoshop SC6 crashes after start up
                Zxy Level 1

I did a reinstall and an update, that didn't help so I started searching and noticed I kept having a message pop up saying Tablet driver not found.  Turns out I uninstalled my Intuos Wacom Creative Pen tablet and it loads up fine now. Must of been an issue with the tablet software and lost a driver so I'm leaving it uninstalled for now. Thank you for your help