3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2014 9:30 AM by Jayrii

copy photos?

Jayrii

I want to make copies of the master files of 8 shots in a folder containing 608 photos.  I'm using the folder to create a time lapse so virtual copies would interfere with the flow of the time lapse and virtual copies can't be moved out of the original folder.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: copy photos?
          Joshua Cohen Level 3

You will need to be clearer on what you are trying to accomplish. Virtual copies are just that...virtual. They would not be in the physical folder. Only in Lightroom.

• 2. Re: copy photos?
            dj_paige Level 9

In general, there is no physical COPY photo function in Lightroom. Virtual copies are the tool provided by Lightroom.

• 3. Re: copy photos?
              Jayrii Level 1

Thank you for your responses. 

I worked around Lightroom to do what I wanted to-

I tracked down the image files I wanted to copy and copied them into a sub folder and renamed them.

Then went back into LR and imported them.

Now I have fresh copies of the photos that I want to work on as "stills" leaving the first copies in place in the folder for the time lapse.

My problem was that any work I did on those images alone would create a "flicker" in the time lapse that I'm working on.

I was looking for a way to make the copies through Lightroom, but understand that it is designed to not make copies but different "instances" of edits to an original.