3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2008 9:31 AM by noglider

CPU usage is 99%

Twinlife
      I have a problem using Contribute.

During the upload to the Windows server the CPU usage is 99% and the windows are freezing. After 10 minutes the upload is complete. It even occurs when the upload page is less than 1 MB.

We use version 3.11
      System spec's:
      P4-2.8Ghz
      256MB RAM
      40 GB HD
        • 1. Re: CPU usage is 99%
          lukaro
          What file size is the page you are uploading? 1MB would be a very large file size for a web page.

Does the page you are uploading contain images that have not been optimised? If so, using a graphics program such as Photoshop and its "Save for Web ..." feature to reduce the file size of your images may help.

Rgds

lukaro
          • 2. Re: CPU usage is 99%
            Twinlife Level 1
            quote:

Originally posted by: lukaro
            What file size is the page you are uploading? 1MB would be a very large file size for a web page.

Does the page you are uploading contain images that have not been optimised? If so, using a graphics program such as Photoshop and its "Save for Web ..." feature to reduce the file size of your images may help.

Rgds

lukaro

A single page is 37 KB, the whole site is less than 7 MB.

I've tried the same on a Intel Dual Core, than the problem doesn't occur.

• 3. CPU usage is 99%
              noglider
              Is there a solution to this? I have this problem, too. It is very serious. The most minor change can hang the computer up for a long time. This is unacceptable.

One of the computers with this problem is a 2.4 GHz dual-core system with 3 GB of RAM and Windows Vista. There are 2 GB of RAM free, so it is not starved for memory.