7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 2:46 AM by Miepisch

Help! Problems with my serial number!

Miepisch

Three weeks ago, I received the message that it seemed like I was working with a counterfeit version of CS3. That's not true, seven years ago I bought the total package and created an account on adobe. I am also in possession of the license code.

No problem I thought, I enter my serial number and I can go back to work. Not so! I get the message that the serial number that I have entered is not valid !!

I have a real problem, I have several projects, which I can not run now! Is there anyone who can tell me how I can solve this problem?

• 1. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
          Ani*Adobe Adobe Employee

Hi Miepisch,

I would request you to uninstall and reinstall the CS3 suite and then enter the serial number while installing the application.

Let me know if it works for you.

^Ani

• 2. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
            Miepisch Level 1

Thank you for your response.

Using the installation CD, I chose the uninstall option. The only thing that happens is that a web page with an html code appears.

I also tried to install again immediately chose reinstall.

He keeps asking for my serial number, when I ingeef, he indicates that the code is incorrect (and it is definitely the correct code).

Could you help me? Thank you very much.

• 3. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
              Miepisch Level 1

Meanwhile I have CS 3 manually removed from the hard drive. When I use the install CD, I run the setup but nothing happens. When I start the setup again, he indicates "busy intitializing 'and I receive the message' You can only install one Adobe product at a time, complete the other installation'. But the other installation does not continue? I need to finish an assignment next week, help!

• 4. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
                Ani*Adobe Adobe Employee

Hi Miepisch,

Please try and uninstall the software with the steps mentioned here - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/remove-creative-suite-3-cs3.html

And then install a copy of CS3 available on Adobe.com Download CS3 products and enter the serial number while installation and let me know if it works for you.

^Ani

• 5. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
                  Miepisch Level 1

Hi Ani,

Thank you for answering, unfortunately your advise did not work.

I choose Start> Control Panel > Add Or Remove Programs, i select the Creative Suite 3 in the list, click Change/Remove but then there are no instructions on my screen? Creative Suite is now still in the list of programs.

I do not know what to do, I have to refuse an assignment  because Creative Suit 3 doesnt work. Next week I have a deadline for the design of a book next week. I hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance for your comment.

Regards,

Marieke

• 6. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
                    Ani*Adobe Adobe Employee

Hi Miepisch,

Could you please try to download the copy of CS3 Download CS3 products and then run the installer, it will repair the currently installed applications and then you could uninstall the applications.

^Ani

• 7. Re: Help! Problems with my serial number!
                      Miepisch Level 1

Hi Ani,

When I download the new application, I get the following message:
                      You can only install one Adobe product at a time. Complete the other installation before attempting to install. Design Premium Adobe Creative Suite 3

This is strange because when I look in task manager, there is no other process going on.

Do you have another advice for me? Whatever would still be possible is to clean the laptop (return to factory settings) the laptop. However, the license is installed twice already and when I get off CS3 i think it is not possible to install int again because i allready used 2 licences (One on the computer where I was working and one on my private laptop).

Regards,
                      Marieke