4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2014 10:30 AM by A.T. Romano

Free Upgrade to Premiere Elements 13

PatMiere

Can I get a free upgrade to premiere elements 13, when I buy version 12 now on Amazon.de as a software-download?

Best Regards!

• 1. Re: Free Upgrade to Premiere Elements 13
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Where do you see that version 13 has been released, or even announced by Adobe?

In the past there has usually been a time period where you may receive a free upgrade if you buy the previous version by a certain number of days before the new version is released... but I have not (yet) seen an Adobe announcement of version 13

• 2. Re: Free Upgrade to Premiere Elements 13
            PatMiere Level 1

Take a look at the wiki page from premiere elements : Adobe Premiere Elements - Wikpedia english

You'll see, that nearly all versions were released in september. And i think the 13th will also be released this month.

I urgently need an video editing software, but i will not buy the 12th yet, because when the 13th comes out, it will surely be better.

• 3. Re: Free Upgrade to Premiere Elements 13
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

That is a user updated page, not an official Adobe publication

While the dates MAY be close to accurate, do NOT rely on user thoughts and wishes when making purchase plans

When version 13 is announced/released, you will be able to read what Adobe actually has to say about any free upgrade policy

• 4. Re: Free Upgrade to Premiere Elements 13
                A.T. Romano Level 7

PatMiere

There is no reliable answer to your question at this time.

Here is the problem as I see it.

1. At the release of the news version, Adobe has in the past announced free switch over from prior to new version within a defined grace period. But, I recall that being only when the purchases are from Adobe direct. Not sure if that would still be the case now.

2. If you purchase from Amazon (even if Amazon is labeled officially as authorized reseller), I suspect that you will have to inquire directly with Amazon about its exchange policies.

Since your planned purchase is from Amazon, why not give its Customer Service a telephone call to inquire about its exchange policies as it relates to your situation?

ATR