1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2014 11:47 AM by JJMack

NIK filters with CS6

gggbh

I just installed a purchased version of CS6 on my Mac, but now it does not recognize my NIK filters anymore. The CS6 trial version was uninstalled by me prior to the purchase...the trial version worked well with the filters. How do I get CS6 to recognize the plug-in?

• 1. Re: NIK filters with CS6
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

gggbh wrote:

I just installed a purchased version of CS6 on my Mac, but now it does not recognize my NIK filters anymore. The CS6 trial version was uninstalled by me prior to the purchase...the trial version worked well with the filters. How do I get CS6 to recognize the plug-in?

You did not have to uninstall your trial version all you needed to do was to activate the trial install with your CS6 serial. Since you un-installed CS6  the folders created for CS6 were delete then re-created during the new install.  So the file that where installed into the CS6 Photoshop tree for the NIK filters were lost in the process. Most likely if you re-install the NIK software the lost files will be installed.

Also make sure you use menu Help>Updates.  CS6 was the buggiest version of Photoshop Adobe ever releases its very unstable without the CS6 update installed. Check the version with menu Help>About Pgotoshop current Mac version is version 13.0.6 current windows version level 13.0.1.3