6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 7:15 PM by A.T. Romano

After installation

crobertson@austincollege

I installed premiere elements 12 on my PC without issue, but whenever I open the program, I have three issues. (1) Opening the program, a pop-up message says, "cannot locate disk." Am I going to have to insert the installations disk every time I open the program? (2) I am unable to open files that I created in an earlier version of premier elements ... how can I make that happen? (3) I get errors that say I am missing the codec ... I don't know what codec I need or how to find it.

Thanks,

Christina

• 2. Re: After installation
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Christina

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 installed on? I will assume for now Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

From what you wrote, you are installing the program from an installation disc rather than from installation files from purchase of online download installation files from Adobe or other. Is that correct?

You could try to resolve the issue by deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists. But, it may come to Deactivate, uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

and

12.0 Folder in which it exists

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.

Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

Deactivation, Uninstall, CCleaner Run Through, Reinstall

1. If you can get into an opened project, Deactivate the program via Expert workspace Help Menu/Sign Out. Close out of there.

If you cannot get into an open project long enough to do this, then skip this step.

2. Go to Control Panel/Programs and uninstall Adobe Premiere Elements 12.

3. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls.

CCleaner - Download

4. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

5. Once you have Premiere Elements 12 installed, then install the 12.1 Update using the Expert workspace Help Menu/Update.

6. Does any of the above have any impact on your issue?

Please review the above and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: After installation
            crobertson@austincollege Level 1

Thank you so much for the detailed responses. Yes, I am using Win 8 - 64 bit. It will be a couple of days before I can get back on this but will let you know the results.

Sent from my iPhonePod4 - please excuse any typos or strange autocorrections.

• 4. Re: After installation
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Christina

Do not give up.

Looking forward to your follow up whenever you get the chance.

Best wishes

ATR

• 5. Re: After installation
                crobertson@austincollege Level 1

Well, it was the simplest of resolutions ... I updated.

And life is good again.

Thanks so much for the responses!

• 6. Re: After installation
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Christina

Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying after all my thousands of words, it was the update of 12 to 12.1 for your program that was the solution?

Besides the 12.1 Update fixing the Expert workspace text styles issue in 12, I always wondered what those other "things" were that the 12.1 Update

was supposed to be doing.

Great news. Great job. Thanks for looking at the suggestions. "And life is good again." sounded so great.

Best wishes.

ATR