reset your preferences and see if that fixes some of those issues, Preference file locations | Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements
What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 installed on? I will assume for now Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.
From what you wrote, you are installing the program from an installation disc rather than from installation files from purchase of online download installation files from Adobe or other. Is that correct?
You could try to resolve the issue by deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if that does not work, the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists. But, it may come to Deactivate, uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file
12.0 Folder in which it exists
Local Disk C
and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which it exists.
Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.
Deactivation, Uninstall, CCleaner Run Through, Reinstall
1. If you can get into an opened project, Deactivate the program via Expert workspace Help Menu/Sign Out. Close out of there.
If you cannot get into an open project long enough to do this, then skip this step.
2. Go to Control Panel/Programs and uninstall Adobe Premiere Elements 12.
3. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete installs and uninstalls.
4. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
5. Once you have Premiere Elements 12 installed, then install the 12.1 Update using the Expert workspace Help Menu/Update.
6. Does any of the above have any impact on your issue?
Please review the above and let us know the outcome.
Thank you so much for the detailed responses. Yes, I am using Win 8 - 64 bit. It will be a couple of days before I can get back on this but will let you know the results.
Sent from my iPhonePod4 - please excuse any typos or strange autocorrections.
Do not give up.
Looking forward to your follow up whenever you get the chance.
Well, it was the simplest of resolutions ... I updated.
And life is good again.
Thanks so much for the responses!
Thanks for the reply.
Are you saying after all my thousands of words, it was the update of 12 to 12.1 for your program that was the solution?
Besides the 12.1 Update fixing the Expert workspace text styles issue in 12, I always wondered what those other "things" were that the 12.1 Update
was supposed to be doing.
Great news. Great job. Thanks for looking at the suggestions. "And life is good again." sounded so great.