3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 7:31 AM by A.T. Romano

Trouble registering Elements 7 and Photoshop 7

AlanatModesto

I see my account does not register the serial numbers of neither my Premiere Elements 7 nor my Photoshop which I've had for some time.  I would be surprised if I didn't register when they were installed, nevertheless I don't see either produce listed on my account.  I have the serial numbers.  How do I get them registered?  Oh yes, the register buttons on both my Premiere Elements and Photoshop elements programs are grayed out. Neither do I see a place on the Manage my Account page where I can register them.  The tab showing the programs I have shows up empty. I looked in my email accounts and can't find anything under "Your Serial Number".

Alan

• 1. Re: Trouble registering Elements 7 and Photoshop 7
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Let us review the following to make sure we are thinking about the same paths.

1. Go to Adobe website http://www.adobe.com, sign in with your Adobe ID and Password, and then go to the Search field at the top right of that web page.

2. In the Search field, type My Products.

3. Click on My Products and follow to "My Products and Services" (it should be at the top).

4. Wait for the "My Products and Services" to open completely to "My Products" (takes a few seconds).

5. "My Products" should reveal all your registered Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements programs.

6. At the bottom of that list should be an opportunity (link) to "register new products".

I am not clear if that "new" means new like in new products or products that you and/or Adobe never took the time

to register.

Please review and consider the above and then we can decide what next.

What is the urgency in registering the product at this time since it does not appear to be a requirement for running those programs?

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

Add On...if you are after this registering because you have recently purchased the products from another, the above is not the way that is handled.

If that is your situation, then please refer to Adobe Licensing Agreement and the following Adobe document

Transfer an Adobe product license

• 2. Re: Trouble registering Elements 7 and Photoshop 7
            AlanatModesto Level 1

Thanks. Your steps worked.  What I was doing was signing into my account, clicking on my name, then "Manage account", and from there I could see my Adobe ID page.  But though I could see my name and ID, there was nothing under Plans & Products. Nor could I see a place to add registration.  Clearly I was in the wrong spot, though my process seemed the only logical way.

Anyway, the reason I was wanting this is because I am in the process of changing from a dying laptop to a new one.  The new one is a Windows 8 and so I am fearful of installing the old programs on it and felt like I might as well upgrade to version 12.  Since I didn't have the programs installed on my new computer yet, I didn't think Adobe would recognize my qualifications for an upgrade price. At the time, I couldn't find my registration numbers.  So I tried to find them on my account page. They weren't there. Also on my old computer I couldn't register from within the programs (grayed out) as the Adobe help page suggested I could. By this time I had found the registration numbers from the original packaging. But by this time I was curious and frustrated that I couldn't get them registered on my Account page.  Thanks for helping. Ironically, it has been an awful lot of work to save $30. :-)

Alan

• 3. Re: Trouble registering Elements 7 and Photoshop 7
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alan

Thanks for the follow up with the good news that all is OK.

Any savings are important to give you more flexibility with your budget.

Just a reminder in your purchasing strategy - Adobe should be releasing a new version of Premiere Elements in the end of September 2014. No one but Adobe knows the feature set for the new version. That information is not released until the moment of release of the new version.

Best wishes moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR