3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 6:11 PM by areohbee

Presets with "Relative" Adjustments?

Lou Dina Level 3

Is there a way to create a Develop Preset or an Export in LightRoom that does "Relative Adjustments"?

For example, let's say I have edited a whole folder full of RAW images in LR. They  look great on my monitor, but will probably look a bit flat and lifeless in print, so they will need some adjustments for printing to a specific printer/paper combination. I know I could soft proof each image individually, make manual adjustments, etc, but that is very time consuming. I'd love it if I could apply "generic adjustments" to a selected images for printing to a specific printer/paper combination. I know it wouldn't be perfect, but similar adjustments are often necessary when printing. I wouldn't want this preset to OVERWRITE my previous edits—I'd want the preset to MODIFY my settings in relative terms. I'd probably add a little brightness, contrast and maybe some saturation to compensate for the flatter look of a printed image.

Is this doable in LR? If not, does anybody have workaround that will accomplish the same thing?

Thanks,

Lou