Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 12 problem: FrameMaker deletes files during book update

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a client asking the following question, and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue with FrameMaker 12.

FrameMaker 12 seems to be deleting files from their network drive during the Update Book function, not just the file itself, but the backup version too.

FrameMaker 10 files had been opened and re-saved as FrameMaker 12. Then, in a subsequent update of the book file, FM reported that it could not find a certain file, and the icon for that file in the book file turned into a question mark. On inspection of the folder that should contain the file, the file was gone, as was the .backup.fm version of the file. It is my assumption that this problem occurred during a book update, although it is remotely possible that the problem occurred while saving the files from Frame 10 to Frame 12.

Are you aware of any similar problems being reported, or if there are any issues of use of FrameMaker with networked drives?

What other information would you might need to help with this problem?

Thanks,

Veronica Kutt

Front Runner Training

veronica@front-runner.com

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they all patched up in FM12 now? I vaguely remember this happening to someone else using the first release of FM12, but updating to the latest patch version and reconverting the books/files seemed to solve their issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I've sent your suggestion to them to find out if they have the latest patches. I will let you know if this works for them.

Thanks, again!

Veronica

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines