1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 8, 2014 8:35 PM by John T Smith

Poor video quality still pictures when burned to DVD

mapderf

I am using a hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc with win 7 professional, 64 bit, 8 gb of ram memory, intel core i7 2.30 Ghz processor.  I am trying to put together a dvd that includes both still and movies.  The movies were all shot in 1080p and look great and play great on the dvd when burned.  The still pictures are blurry and distorted.  The review screen in PE11 showed the stills the way they looked when played back on wide screen tv.  I changed the opacity on each of them and the preview screen showed the pics pretty much the way they look from the camera, but when burned again the same poor quality for the stills is encountered/displayed.  I have a blu ray burner so will buy some single layer BD disks and re-burn to see if the quality improves.  I believe that I have the settings as I've read in other posts and discussions as to poor video quality on dvd.  I have used earlier versions of PE and haven't experienced the degradation on the stills, but have never before mixed still and video.  My question is does anyone think that by using blu ray that there will be a significant improvement in the overall video quality on the stills.  Thanks

mapderf