4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2014 1:43 AM by carta mundi

Easy workaround for price blocks

carta mundi Level 1

Hello, i want to make a basic pricing in mine animations, like the attachment...

So that i can easy change some prices..normally i make a .png with the price in it...but every week i must change this items.

So i thought i make a symbol, like a block with a number...when the price change i edit the block and change the number.

( like the example...3 blocks with numbers.. and 1 with dots and stripe)

But when i import a symbol and change it...all blocks are changing...;-(

So i thought i make 1 image with all the numbers in it...and with clipping tool i can change the number by swipe in the range.

This works...but for the use of it in several animations, i thought i make a symbol, but then again, everything change in the same number...

Anybody a suggestion what maybe the best to do??

It's major for the price in the blocks..but maybe i also want to create it for the "before"price...and i have to make them for 4 different languages..

Thanks anyway, marcel

Schermafdruk 2014-09-09 11.30.22.jpg

• 1. Re: Easy workaround for price blocks
          Portal2thePacific Level 1

If you are going for a simple route why not just create one individual png for each number 0-9 and name the numbers you are currently using in the project a.png, b.png, c.png and then all you have to do is replace the 3  png files with your premade numbers. Simple as renaming 3 files and dragging them in the folder. That way you never even have to open animate to update it.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Easy workaround for price blocks
            carta mundi Level 1

thanks...you mean in the UI like the attachment....or in the code...??Schermafdruk 2014-09-11 14.43.38.jpg

• 3. Re: Easy workaround for price blocks
              Portal2thePacific Level 1

So basically in your comp you load in 3 images with the names

a.png, b.png, c.png

and animate them accordingly.

These A,B,C photos are now in your projects image folder.

In a sub folder you have 10 images that represent your numbers.. 0.png, 1.png, 2.png, etc.

When ever you wana change the 3 numbers in your composition all you need to do is copy the 3 numbers you'd like to use in your comp from you sub folder and paste them in your compositions image folder and re-name them to a.png, b.png, c.png and overwrite the pre existing number images.

Which put simply means you are updating the numbers in the competition just by dragging and dropping a couple images from one folder to the other.

You could even add blank png's if you wanted a double digit.

Although I should point out that there are better ways of doing this but you would need a custom script and CMS which I donno how to do or have money to have someone do for me.

G'luck!