• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Quality after Resizing

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to resize images without losing quality. I currently use SnagIt to capture the images and resize. I then insert the jpg into Robohelp 10 and produce printed documentation in Word.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Try using PNG format instead of JPG. SnagIt is as good as it gets with resizing. It also depends on what you are resizing and how that was produced, where you have no control. There's also a point beyond which any resizing is going to lose clarity.

Other tricks are not scale so much but use Snagits Cut Out options to lose part of what you are capturing. Some screens for example can have lots of white space that can be cut out rather then resizing the image.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Aut

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using PNG format instead of JPG. SnagIt is as good as it gets with resizing. It also depends on what you are resizing and how that was produced, where you have no control. There's also a point beyond which any resizing is going to lose clarity.

Other tricks are not scale so much but use Snagits Cut Out options to lose part of what you are capturing. Some screens for example can have lots of white space that can be cut out rather then resizing the image.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Snagits capture to take screen shots of our software. I resize most images to 80% which is about the right size to view in a word doc. Wont .png result in a much bigger help file size when producing in other formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Works OK for me. Try changing a few and check.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp