1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 2:03 PM by m_vargas

Uninstall Adobe Flash Player 14.0.0.145 - IE 11

DSG_SP_14

Since installing Adobe 14.0.0.145 Xcelsius has stopped working. I received the recommendation to replace the new version by the other older. I installed version 11 but I am still have the same issue. I am using with Windows 8.1, IE 11, the version of the plug-in is 11.3.300.273 but remains the ActiveX 14.0.0.145 version. I would like to install version 15 but the system shows me a message mentioning that I already have the latest version installed on my browser and that Windows update will let me know when new versions are available. Some suggestions on how could I proceed to clean all versions ans install again version 15?

• 1. Re: Uninstall Adobe Flash Player 14.0.0.145 - IE 11
          m_vargas Adobe Employee

Hello,

On Windows 8.x, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Internet Explorer and updates are released via updates to Internet Explorer.  There is no way to uninstall Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Windows 8.x

Flash Player 15 was released today and Microsoft also released their update today.  You can manually check for updates by running Windows Update > Check for Updates instead of waiting for Microsoft to tell you an update is available.  This method will only update Flash Player for Internet Explorer.  If you use other browsers (minus Google Chrome), you can update the Plugin by navigating to get.adobe.com/flashplayer with that browser.  If you use Google Chrome, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and releases updates, either via component update or a Chrome update.

HTH.

--

Maria