2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 11:17 PM by Jim Birkenseer

Resize Text Frame Without Scaling Text

Jim Birkenseer Level 1

Hi Folks,

Is there a way to resize a text frame without scaling the text in the AI CC 2014 SDK?

I'm working on an AI CC 2014 plug-in, and need to resize a text frame without scaling the text. However, I'm not having any luck figuring out how to do this. What I want is to resize the text frame in the same way the Area Type Options Panel does, but I'm not able to figure out how to what classes/methods it uses, or if they are even exposed in the SDK.

I've tried using sAITransformArt->TransformArt(), but I can't figure out a way to prevent the text from scaling along with the text frame. I've considered, after doing the transform, to reformat the text that has been scaled, but that just doesn't seem right.

My current thought is to move the text from the frame that needs scaling into a new correctly sized text frame, and then deleting the existing frame, but before I do that, I thought I'd ask here to see if I'm making this harder than it needs to be because I'm missing something.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Cheers!

-- Jim Birkenseer