11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 8:29 PM by A.T. Romano

Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?

Rnorth

I can't get the sound to play back on my videos.  I was adding narration to a clip when I played back the narration the complete program lost sound on all of the videos.  Is there an off and on switch for this?

Ron 

• 1. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

Important, especially for this question....what version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

I am going to take a guess that it is Premiere Elements 12/12.1. Let us see if I guessed correctly.

There is a known issue with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 in which the sound on numbered Audio Tracks and Soundtrack is lost when narration from

the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Narration Tool is added to the project. A fix was described by Llamadude99. Please read the following for details on Llamadude99's fix as well as modification of it by others that also worked.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Audio Losses After Narration Addition

Please review, consider, and then let us know if the above worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
            Rnorth Level 1

It does not change a thing on my program... not sure what to do next.

Ron

• 3. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
              Rnorth Level 1

I guess I'm a little confused.  Seems like many users are having this problem with the sound.  I've tried looking for all angles that could effect the sound and don't see anything that relates to this problem.  Is the software sound, I mean good?  I'm using a trial copy and was ready to purchase just before this sound issue happened.  I was using the Corel package and it had problems burning DVD's and now this software has sound problems.  Can't seem to find a support person at Adobe that can log onto the system and suggest a fix, in fact, I can't find an area the has chat type support at all.  Is there a way to talk to a tech guy at Adobe for this product?    Or, are you out on your own?

Ron      

• 4. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

By the way..are you working with Premiere Elements 12/12.1?

Can you start a new project without the problem? If you can, then that may be the way to go to save time in the long run.

But, please give the fixes of Llamadude99 and the others a few more tries. This is not an easy task, but your problem situation

fits perfectly into what they found and remedied.

I typically write that problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. But on this one, the description of your problem

and the known fixes are a great fit.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

Add On...Things you could consider

a. Switch back and forth between Expert and Quick workspaces and try moving or deleting/replacing the audio files.

b. Move narration to one of the numbered Audio Tracks.

c. If you have not already, update 12 to 12.1 Update, using an opened project's Help Menu/Update.

• 5. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                  Rnorth Level 1

What I have is the downloaded trial version of the software.  I have 18:41 minutes of a mixture of imported Sony HD videos and a few camera pictures mixed in.  Between some of the videos and pictures I have added Transitions.  I have also added some titles on video lines 2 and 3.

The first time this happened I used the undo button to back out of the problem.   Now I have several hours of video editing and would like to keep what I have done if there is a solution to restoring the sound.  I have the Premiere Elements 12 software.  I believe I  have the updates.  I Don't know where to go next or who to contact at Adobe.   would like to buy the software because it look a dn performs great except of the sound issue.

Ron

• 6. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

I did not see your post numbered 3 until I had posted my reply 4.

This is a tough known issue, and the only breakthroughs have come from the reference that I gave you.

If you want to pass this by Adobe via its Adobe Chat, we may need to use a round about route since it is not always easy to find an active Chat Panel.

Try this....click on the following link.

Contact Customer Care

The path that I have set is

Premier Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, Sign In, Account Help

Chat Panel

If the set does not hold, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

A few moments ago, the Chat Panel was functional in the path above. The hope is that the Chat representative that you reach will help you

or send you to a representative who can.

We are not Adobe here. Rather User to User. We are all visitors.

I will be very surprised but grateful if Adobe Chat comes up with a fix for this known issue other than what I have reported has worked for all those who

have reported the problem here before you.

Looking forward to further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

We may be a bit out of sync on the thread posts. I just saw your post 5.

I did not realize that you are working from the tryout version. At this moment I am not sure how Adobe Chat deals with questions from the tryout.

But, worth the attempt to contact it to get its input.

In an attempt to salvage the project, does deleting and replacing the audio present as a choice?

If you want to experiment further with Llamadude99's idea, you might want to make a copy of the current project (File Menu/Save A Copy) and the work from the copy for exploration and experimentation with the known fixes for the known problem.

Is there anything in your particular syndrome that would differentiate it from the description of the problem in the works of Llamadude and others?

We will be watching and hoping for progress leading to success to save your project.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Were you aware that Adobe should be releasing a new version of Premiere Elements at the end of September 2014 (getting close). No one but Adobe knows the feature set for the new version. And, that type of information is not released until the moment of release of the new version.

• 8. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                        Rnorth Level 1

It's too bad that the support from Adobe is lacking the strength to handle problems with their software.  I like the way you can set up a project and add video/pictures to your program but not having sound to your project makes it a total loss.   I've contacted the support team a couple times and they don't have a clue to how to handle this situation.  It's too bad because I was ready to purchase the software.

Ron   

• 9. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

Thanks for the information on the response that you have gotten from Adobe on this issue.

The irony of all this is that as hard as I have tried I cannot reproduce this issue, but I know it exists out there, but it is not the majority by any means. And, I have looked a several Premiere Elements versions besides 12 which this issue seems to target.

But, all this is a major speaking point for evaluating the tryout in your own computer environment before purchase.

Based on the work of the others related to this problem, I would encourage you to keep trying the Llamadude99 approach. But, I realize

your time is valuable and you need to set priorities.

I wish you success in whatever your video editing choices are.

ATR

• 10. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                            Rnorth Level 1

ART,

I'm trying something new to make it work. so far I have recorded some narrations and did not loose the main sound of the videos.  Time will tell if this process works.

1.  What I did was two things; first I keep two copies of the program saving one to go back to if I had to and one that I  keep adding pictures/videos and narrations. That way if anything goes bad I have the file to open and replace the corrupted one with the saved good one..   I make and add material to the one program and then save both programs every twenty minutes rewriting the program that was backup.

2. I have been adding narrations with the mute off and this seems to be what's saving the sound on the other videos,  It's the mute box that's near the record button, I un check it leaving the box blank.   

I'll be playing with it for a while and let you know latter how successful I am.

Ron

• 11. Re: Lost the sound to all of my videos.  How do you turn on the sound?
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Ron

Thanks for the update.

On the next update please let us know if you have had any problems with the Narration Tool dialog's mic sensitivity. I have been working with the mic sensitivity slider to the extreme left and the mute without the check mark (Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 8.1 64 bit....no problems with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 on Windows 7 64 bit.)

Best wishes

ATR