How long ago was it that Premiere Elements 8 worked for you? On what computer operating system is it installed?
Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled?
Let us go through the usual Premiere Elements 8 drill...
1. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalyzer features disabled?
2. Are working from the 8.0.1 Update of the program?
3. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1?
4. Are you running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and with Run As Administrator applied to the
program's desktop icon?
5. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?
Assuming that we got the above factored out of the problem, then let us start by deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, and, if
that does not work, then delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Assuming that you are working with Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit....
Local Disk C
and in the 8.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 8.0 Folder in which
the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you
can see the complete path cited.
Do you have purchased serial number for the product as well as installation files or disc in case we need to discuss deactivation, uninstall, ccleaner run through, and reinstall with antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.
Please review and consider. Looking forward to your follow up.
Thanks for responding.
I have used Adobe Premiere for four years now (bought in July 2010) I am on a Windows 7 home premium operating system. I have no idea how to disable my firewall and see if my program still works.
1. I don't know if these are disabled and wouldn't know where to check as I can't even open my program now. I know before it would render while I worked on moving stuff around...
2. Yes I have updated to the new 8.01 program.
3. Yes I am running the newest Quicktime on my computer.
4. Yes my user account has administrative purposes. I have no idea if my icon on my start menu is used with run as applied to it.
5. I double checked my driver was updated.
This being said I tried to open after checking all these above items and it would do the same thing as described above - load and then a blank gray screen. I then looked at deleting the prefs files and I can find the roaming folder under the app data but there is no adobe file. I have made sure all my hidden files are shown. Is there another place to find them? If I go under my documents I find an Adobe folder that has auto-save (I deleted all those documents) Preview files, CAobject trackresults, encoded files, layouts, stop motion capture, styles and then the premier files as well as text files. Do I need to delete any of these ( I have already backed up all these.)
Yes I have a serial number and cds (I will just have to locate them) if we need to deactivate, uninstall, etc.
Thanks for your help