5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 9:36 AM by A.T. Romano

audio clip noise blip

rvmeush47

I imported an mp3 audio file into Premiere Elements 12 on my MacBook Pro and found that a short blip of  noise was added at the end of the file.  I checked the mp3 file with several programs and the blip is not there in the original file.  I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.12

• 1. Re: audio clip noise blip
          A.T. Romano Level 7

rvmeush47

Just a quick note for now.

If you have not already, please update 12 to 12.1 Update, using the opened project's Help Menu/Update.

Have you tried to open a new project and import the audio file into the new project? If so, same result?

Expand the tracks with the zoom out/zoom in slider above the Timeline and inspect all the tracks for debris.

We will watch for your reply in the morning.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: audio clip noise blip
            rvmeush47 Level 1

The version I was using was 12.1.   I tried opening a new project and imported the mp3 file, and got the same results - a noise blip at the end of the imported version.   I then used an audio editor to clip a very small amount of audio from the end of the mp3 file, and imported this new version into Premiere Elements.  This time the noise blip a the end of the imported file was gone.  I'm not sure how this happened, but the problem went away after I trimmed the mp3 file.

• 3. Re: audio clip noise blip
              A.T. Romano Level 7

rvmeush47

Thanks for the follow up. Glad that the trim of the mp3 was a workaround without causing other problems.

I have not run into this situation with just an import of a standalone audio in a new project or saved closed reopened one.

I think that I recall seeing general online reports of audio blips when two audio clips are side by side and there is an abrupt change in the wave form going from one to the other. But in your case, the description seems to be just one audio clip isolated on an audio track.

Have you had only this one case or have you seen this with more than one audio import into Premiere Elements 12/12.1?

We will be watching for further developments when you get the chance and hoping that what you ran into was an isolated incident.

Follow up was much appreciated.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: audio clip noise blip
                rvmeush47 Level 1

I just started using Premiere Elements, so this was my first experience with the product.  I will use my workaround if I have problems in the future, but I was wondering if there was a simple way from within PE to remove the blip from the file in case I run into this problem again?  Thanks.

• 5. Re: audio clip noise blip
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

rvmeush47

Trimming of the audio clip is the only remedy that I had think of at this time.

One generic thought is, when importing files, watch the bottom right corner of the workspace for a progress bar which might be displaying the program conforming the audio or video that is imported. If you see conforming in progress, do not move forward in the project until the conforming process is complete.

The conformed audio files (cfa and pek sets) are found by default in the Media Cache Files Folder in the Adobe Folder. I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so I am not sure where that folder would be on a Mac computer. The Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit counterpart is

Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/12.

Also, you can delete the conformed audio files if you suspect that they are corrupt. The program will generate new conformed audio files when and if the program decides it is necessary.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and to ask for clarification.

Thank you.

ATR