2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2007 1:25 PM by Newsgroup_User

Changing Swap Images in Template

ebeard56
      confused;

I have been struggling for two hours with this, can someone please tell me the (probably VERY simple) thing I need to do?

I purchased a template from SmartWebby. The rollover navigation links invoke different swap images in a box above these links. I have tried to follow instructions both from SmartWebby and Fireworks help, to no avail. Here is what the instructions that came with the template say to do:

"Import the picture you want by clicking on File/Import and browse to select the picture. Edit the image as needed. Resize and position in the place of the existing picture."

What I try to do:

I import the graphic I want to use and paste it in another Fireworks tab. I make it the same size as the existing graphic I want to replace. I copy it. I try to paste over the existing image, paste inside, everything I can think of but nothing works. I must be missing something big time.

Help!!

Thanks!!!!
        • 1. Re: Changing Swap Images in Template
          Level 7
          ebeard56 wrote:
          > confused;
          >
          > I have been struggling for two hours with this, can someone please tell me the
          > (probably VERY simple) thing I need to do?
          >
          > I purchased a template from SmartWebby. The rollover navigation links invoke
          > different swap images in a box above these links. I have tried to follow
          > instructions both from SmartWebby and Fireworks help, to no avail. Here is what
          > the instructions that came with the template say to do:
          >
          > "Import the picture you want by clicking on File/Import and browse to select
          > the picture. Edit the image as needed. Resize and position in the place of the
          > existing picture."
          >
          > What I try to do:
          >
          > I import the graphic I want to use and paste it in another Fireworks tab. I
          > make it the same size as the existing graphic I want to replace. I copy it. I
          > try to paste over the existing image, paste inside, everything I can think of
          > but nothing works. I must be missing something big time.
          >
          > Help!!
          >
          > Thanks!!!!
          >

ebeard56,

According to their instructions, you need to import the new image
          directly into the frame of the swap image you are trying to replace.
          Although, as long as the layer is unlocked, you should be able to paste
          a copied graphic into the frames.

SKB

• 2. Re: Changing Swap Images in Template
            Level 7
            Hi E,

Adjust the image in FW, then export it to your images folder. Then do the
            image changing from DW.

Aloha,

Jerry

--
            http://MauiWebDesigns.com