4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 8:46 PM by pk4ut

trim not working

pk4ut Level 1

I have a simple illustration with a transparent border. I need to trim the transparency away down to the image on all sides. When I select "trim transparent pixels" and select "top, bottom, left, right" NOTHING HAPPENS.

Can someone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

ThanksScreen Shot 2014-09-09 at 10.03.42 PM.png

• 1. Re: trim not working
          Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

It may be that there are actually some stuff outside the orange border that is not easily seen.

Zoom in closely and look at your image and add a color fill layer below so you can see it more clearly.

You may need to use the Crop Tool instead of Trim.

• 2. Re: trim not working
            pk4ut Level 1

I will use the Crop Tool in this case, but I need to get the Trim Tool working. I know there is no clutter because I used the Rectangular Marquee Tool to make sure there were no light pixels causing a problem. The border is clean. In the meantime, the Trim Tool is not responding.

• 3. Re: trim not working
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Are you sure there are no stray pixels out there. Two stray pixels could cause a borders like you show. Below I created a document with a transparent border. I dupe it and in the duped document  I added two stray pixel at 1% opacity. You can not see them but their there. I then used menu Image>trim on both documents see the results.

Capture.jpg

• 4. Re: trim not working
                pk4ut Level 1

Thanks for taking time in such detail to help me with my problem. I agree with you that there might be stray pixels too difficult for me to see because the absence of any behavior by the tool would indicated that to be the case. What tells me it might be something else is the way the Trim feature has not responded for several weeks on a multitude of objects. It is strange for sure. Tomorrow I will share the image in question with Tech Support at Adobe. If they can complete the trim, I will know something is askew. Thanks again!