4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2014 8:49 AM by The Green Glasses

How do I install and build and extension with extension builder 2.1?

The Green Glasses

Honestly, I am beyond frustrated right now.

1. Extension Builder 3 - This will only install and run with Eclipse. JRE 1.7.

This only allows me to use Extendscript to write scripts with. Extendscript is so frustrating to use. It seems like there are a lot of missing properties for working with color models in illustrator. The documentation is also terrible for Extendscript. Something that seems like it would be simple to do like export an RGB JPEG is impossible to spec out in the EXPORT JPEG settings. Its also impossible to set the color space of a NEW AI document unless you use the add(); instead of addDocument(); There are conflicting incomplete properties of both methods. If you use one, one set of settings is missing if you use the other another set is missing... WHAT IS SOMEONE SUPPOSED TO DO???

2. Flash Builder 4.7 will not run Extension Builder 3.

3. I bought Extension Builder 2.1 which is supposed to install Flash Builder 4.6, but the installation keeps failing right at the end. This apparently also requires that you use JRE 1.6 which is not compatible with Mavericks.

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 3.14.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-10 at 3.15.12 PM.png

This all seems impossible... how in the heck are people learning how to do build extensions, its a surprise that any exist at all. If they do They are likely not building them with the Adobe tools. I know enough about code to be dangerous but don't have a doctorate in troubleshooting all of these compatibility, and documentation issues.

All I want to do is write an extension, or a script that allows me to

1. copy the art from two layers.

2. color the background of the AI document to the background color of the original document

3. resize art from both layers to fit on a 216 x 216 pixel square.

4. Save the document as a: JPEG - ANTI-ALIAS SUPER SAMPLED - 150 DPI - RGB - MEDIUM QUALITY - CLIP TO ARTBOARD - WITH THE SAME NAME AS THE ORIGINAL FILE

I AM AT MY WITS END WITH THIS WHOLE PROCESS. I AM ABOUT TO GIVE UP UNLESS SOMEONE CAN HELP GIVE ME A LITTLE INSIGHT.

Screen Shot 2014-09-10 at 3.12.14 PM.png