Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import mp4 into Premiere Pro CC

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2014 Sep 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have downloaded a trial of Premiere Pro CC, as I want to move from my current Mac setup from 2011 to a new PC setup that would be more powerful. Before purchasing, I wanted to test to see if there were any issues with the new version compared to CS5, which I currently use.

Anytime I try to drag an MP4 into Premiere Pro CC, it tells me the file has no audio or video, yet CS5 has no issues importing the same exact file.

Is there something that I am missing that is causing the CC version to not be compatible or is this a PC vs Mac issue?

All of the files are recorded from various AverMedia capture devices.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope Adobe is reading this, cause I tested the exact same files in 7.2.2 at a friends house and the files worked fine, so it must be with the most recent update. Is there a way to roll back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I will try that as soon as possible. Looks like I will be going with the monthly plan when the trial runs out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I do not see any previous versions to install in the list. Do I have to own the old versions?

As I said, I use a mac, so I didn't have the 7.2 version that does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it instantly closes when I try to open a new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Sorry about that. Try this: CC applications close immediately after launch

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I followed the steps, but it  is still happening. As soon as it closes it keeps bringing up the License This Software or Continue Trial screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my mac, I was able to get the latest version installed, but it is not allowing me to use MP4 files once again.

I will stick to CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2014 Sep 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

You might try renaming the folder the .mp4 files are located in.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried that as well. New videos won't import and the ones in already existing projects show a green screen for video, but does have audio.

I'm not doing anything fancy with them either. Just loading them into Premiere, not transitions or effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Can you try trashing preferences and restarting the computer?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Nope that didn't work. PC version still instantly closes when starting a new project or opening an existing one. It then pops up with the continue trial screen.

Is this a bug with the trial?

I am on Win8.1 if that matters and if that is tied to the trial only, I still have to contend with the lack of mp4 support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to stop it from auto closing, by clearing out the files in Common Files.

I still get the error message: "The file has no audio or video streams." for any MP4. I have tried moving the files and renaming the folders.

The files work fine in CS6 on a Mac, can be played through any video player on a PC or Mac (Windows Media, VLC, quicktime etc.)

This are recorded straight from an AverMedia ExtremeCap U3. Considering they have an option to capture directly into Premiere, I don't see why the latest version of PP is having any issues opening them.

Ran a inspector on the video, details below:

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 1.01.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-09-17 at 1.01.50 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

If you open cc and go to file-new sequence how many presets can you see?

If premiere pro cc is instantly crashing then go try this step:

Try renaming SLStore and SLCache from the following location.

c: program files*86 : common: adobe: SLCache

c: program data: adobe : SLStore

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I see the following:Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

thank you for updating us. this means the product is active.

Are you able to import mp4 files and is cc still instantly crashing?

thank you

arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After deleting everything in c: program files*86 : common: adobe: SLCache and c: program data: adobe : SLStore it longer crashes.

I am still unable to use any of the mp4 files I have or new ones that are recorded. The screenshot below shows what it looks like in Premiere Pro. As I mentioned, the file plays perfectly in any video player outside of Premiere.

Untitled2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

do you have any third party codec pacs insatlled on your computer like k-lite?

Thank you

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't use any third party codec or plug-ins. Everything just always worked in the past without anything.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ok can you to program files* 86- quicktime and move the qt components to the desktop.

can you please attach a screen shot of the sequence settings as well please.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have moved qt components to the desktop. I also took a screenshot of the sequence settings. Since Premiere Pro can't read the video correctly the sequence setting created from it is weird.

Untitled3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Do you have the latest drivers installed for ExtremeCap U3.

If not then try install it from here ExtremeCap U3 | AVerMedia

and let me know if this helps or not.

One more thing if this doesn't work, copy the video to your desktop and try to change the extension of the clip from mo4 to mov but make sure you make a copy, don't delete it from the original location.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the post above I have sent you a link which contains the plug in for premiere pro as well, please install it on your computer.

Thank You

Arjun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I already have the plugin installed. It currently doesn't work for CC. It only supports CS6. I also tried adding .mov to the file name, but it Premiere it shows "Diablo_3_RoS_FP.mov.mp4", so that doesn't work in Win 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines