3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM by A.T. Romano

Why When I create output from PP11 my video is smaller than tv screen?  TV is old crt tv.

Jollie1

I Have edited video using default project settings and the output video is smaller than the tv screen.  I have created QuickTime video as well as DVD video.  The QuickTime video has a black border around QuickTime screen.  is there an option that controls this?

• 1. Re: Why When I create output from PP11 my video is smaller than tv screen?  TV is old crt tv.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jollie1

It sounds like you do not have the correct export QuickTime settings and that the export defaults need to be customized and/or project settings for the whole project need re-evaluation.

Let use start with the details necessary to get to the core of the matter.

What are the properties of the video that you are importing into Premiere Elements 11? Frame size, frame rate, etc.

Do you know the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video? If worse comes to worse, after you import

the video into the project and you have it in the Expert workspace Project Assets, right click the file's thumbnail, select Properties,

and then tell us what the Properties are for your video.

Did you let the project set up the project preset for you or did you set the project preset yourself?

Go to Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and tell us what the readings are for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel

Aspect Ratio, even if the field look grayed out.

What is your intended export....a H.264.mov file from QuickTime or a DVD-VIDEO Standard or Widescreen on DVD disc?

You mentioned black borders for the QuickTime file? What did the DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc look like? Are you working from

a PAL or NTSC setup?

Lots of questions, but the answers will help us to help you.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why When I create output from PP11 my video is smaller than tv screen?  TV is old crt tv.
            Jollie

ATR,

Thanks for your rapid response to my question.  I have been fretting over this for more than a few hours and I think that you led me to the solution.

While gathering the information you requested I tried several things to solve the problem.  Rather than providing a long list of file attributes, let me describe the sequence of events that created my problem and how I discovered it.

1. I was gathering file info when I decided to start a new project and select the project setting DV Standard 48KHz.

2. I input a source file on .mov format.  Clipped the video to 30 seconds and burned to dvd using the setting NTCS_dolby DVD.  When I played it back The black border was still there.

3.  I remembered that the source video file was .mpg.  I repeated the process replacing the .mov with the .mpg. The DVD filled my TV screen without a border.

4.  I didn’t want to work with the larger .mpg file so I converted it with Wondershare Video converter.  There may be something that Wondershare does to these files that affects screen size.

The problem is fixed and because I have to re-edit my entire show, I will not forget this lesson.

Thanks again for your help.

jollie1

• 3. Re: Why When I create output from PP11 my video is smaller than tv screen?  TV is old crt tv.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jollie

Thanks for the very good news that you have sorted through your workflow and identified the core of the issue. Great job.

We were glad for the opportunity to be of assistance.

Best wishes as you move forward with your projects, and remember that "we are just a thread/post away" if and when you

have questions or need clarification.

ATR