2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 5:53 AM by Preran

Is anybody able to pause a video by using pause/stop triggers on the timeline?

LARV Level 1

I don´t mean to spam the board because of a problem I can´t solve, but is there anyone out there who manages the following:

1. Import a video into Edge (let´s just say it´s 20 seconds long for this example).
      2. Make the video play from start by a play button.
      3. Make the video automatically stop at different intervals by setting pause/stop triggers in the stage timeline.
      4. Make the video countinue playing from the paused/stoped positions by clicking the play button.
      (Example: When clicking play the video would play to the 5 second mark and then stop because of a stop/pause trigger set at the 5 second mark. To make it keep on playing from the stop/pause position at 5 seconds you´d have to click play again)

If so, what triggers on the timeline did you use to stop/pause the video?

You´d be my hero if you could help me out on this.   I´ve been trying everything for three days straight now.

• 1. Re: Is anybody able to pause a video by using pause/stop triggers on the timeline?
          LARV Level 1

Ok I managed to get this working. This is what I had to do, for anyone who might perhaps experience the same mind rape...:

1. Turn the video into a symbol.
          2. Set stage, symbol and video to not autoplay.

3. Set play in the video playback at the start of the video timeline.
          4. Set pause in the video playback at the prefered time on symbol timeline.
          5. Zoom in as much as you can on symbol timeline and set trigger "stop all" for the symbol right after the pause playback marking.

6. Set play in the video playback right after the "stop all trigger" marking.
          7. Create button with action play symbol.

You can now play a video which will stop at a pre set pause, and make it countinue to run by clicking the play button again.

For me nothing else worked. Pause buttons and stop video functions didn´t do anything when not doing what I did above to the letter, even when used in what I found to be a very logical way. Adobe needs to adress these things if they want Edge to be a common tool for everybody to use. I know I am new at this but if I import a video correct, play it in the timeline and simply insert a basic pause video or stop all trigger and nothing happens, well then the basics are overlooked. I shouldn´t have to go by trial and error ALL the time.

• 2. Re: Is anybody able to pause a video by using pause/stop triggers on the timeline?
            Preran Adobe Employee

Hi LARV,

Thank you for sharing your solution. This will help other users that come across this post in future.

Thanks,

Preran