• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alpha lists

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 5x --- In css, created an alpha list, which, when applied looks like an alpha list in WYSIWYG, but when viewing it, it is a numbered list, even after saving the project. Checked the css in Notepad and list-style: lower-alpha; is in there. ????

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Torpike -

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Most likely, your list has a class or id assigned to it, and that class has some overriding styles attached. Look at your list itself for any 'class =' or 'id =' statements. Look topside, or in your style sheet for the css statements that might apply. We'd need to look at the actual markup to provide anything more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

Thanks, I think you are right. I found id= at the begining of each list item, but short of deleting each one manually, I don't know how to get rid of it. I did delete them in one topic and it worked, but I have a huge project, over 1200 topics, so I would need a more automated method. Have any ideas? I don't know how it got into this css. Even when I copy another css this "id=" shows up.
Thanks, Torpike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Torpike -

I like ReplaceEm, a nifty app that will search across multiple lines, and multiple documents, and has some very flexible wildcard features. Best of all, you can save your searches to repeat again later, with just three clicks; it's painless, and free. If you have FAR, that will work too, plus it has mucho mondo other features. It won't save your search, though, and it's not free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2007 Apr 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roger,

I downloaded ReplaceEM and it looks like a great little utility. However, I can't figure out how to make it look at the source code and not the RoboHelp html words that I wrote. I've been playing with it now for about 3 hours.
Thanks,

Torpike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 09, 2007 Apr 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger:

You state that FAR "won't save your search." I meant to say something the last time this was claimed (don't remember if it was you or not), but that isn't quite right.

Saving searches in FAR entails a two-prong approach:

* Filter files and folders, retrieve results, and save them as a "List" for future use.
* Create "Search Definitions," which can then be used to Find & Replace against any folders, whether saved lists or not.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2007 Apr 12, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you 1) define the family of files, and 2) define the search and replace items. That works for me.

thanks for the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 13, 2007 Apr 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, Roger. It depends on whether your specific changes will be repetitive over time, or simply a "one-off" instance.

For example, I'm ni the process of adding content to 2.5K topics in 42 projects, but the logistics of hijacking the projects from 7 writers for an unlimited period of time was unlikely. I created all the Search Definitions I needed, but no file Lists because I'm not likely to access them again soon. I simply Add Files from each project as I go along.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp