3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 7:10 AM by Arpit Kapoor

Photoshop 6 on mavericks wont install any ideas?

willmck

Hi

Bought a sealed second web collection, photshop 6 and illustrator 9 wont install anybody have any idea what to do?

• 1. Re: Photoshop 6 on mavericks wont install any ideas?
          Doc Maik Level 4

Funny, when reading your headline, I was thinking you complained about Photoshop not installing ideas...

Geez, learn to write and how to form a complete sentence!

Check the requirements of the package, then check the target PC to meet them. Finally, search this forum or Google. There can be so many reasons. First of all, Photoshop 6 is more than 10 years old, but I suppose you mean Photoshop of CS6, which would be Photoshop 13. However, it is still older than Mavericks and you are not the first one to have this problem.

• 2. Re: Photoshop 6 on mavericks wont install any ideas?
            willmck Level 1

Thanks Doc

Was writing my query in a hurry and not ideal conditions. Thanks for your post, I am looking. Think I've made a mistake and bought P6 thinking it was cs 6.....bugger.

• 3. Re: Photoshop 6 on mavericks wont install any ideas?
              Arpit Kapoor Adobe Employee

Will,

Looks like you have purchased PS 6, not PS CS6(version 14), along with Illustrator 9.

My first question to you is, from where did you actually purchase these apps now, as they are almost 10 years old?

So, if you are trying to install PS 6 on Maverick, then i would say Don't even try as it a very old product which was never designed or supposed to work with the latest operating systems like Maverick.

Same should be the case with Illustrator.

Hope that Helps!

~ Arpit