4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 7:55 AM by DESIGNbySAFIY

(Up and Comers) Where's our look at what I did section?

DESIGNbySAFIY Level 2

I know we have Behance but thats kinda for full blown professionals. Youtube and Vimeo are cool but they're for everyone and everything. Is there an adobe AE section for us "rookies" to show our work for opinions and advice and the occasional accolade? It would be awesome if there was within Adobe's community site.

• 1. Re: (Up and Comers) Where's our look at what I did section?
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Serving up video to the world is a very specialized task. The FCC wants to limit bandwidth to smaller providers, this includes Vimeo but not UTube. If the resolution passes it will make Vimeo other smaller providers of high data rate content all but useless and guarantee a monopoly for the big boys. If you are in the US, contact your congressman and voice your opinion.

If you really want to serve up videos you can post them on things like dropbox or even set up private viewing on Vimeo. With a Vimeo account you can make your videos only visible from specific URLs.

You could even post your videos on your own website without using any of the largest providers. Just be aware that if you get 50 simultaneous views and you are hosting on your own site you could cause a complete shutdown of your site due to bandwidth limitations.

Besides that, I have served up short mini tutorials on YouTube for years by linking them to this site. Some of those tutorials have less than 10 views. Just because you put something in YouTuibe does not mean that everyone will see it. Some of the videos that I put up years ago have only been viewed five or ten times.

• 2. Re: (Up and Comers) Where's our look at what I did section?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The Video Lounge forum is intended for posts and discussions that are not of a technical nature, including posting your own work and ask for comments and criticism:

Video Lounge

• 3. Re: (Up and Comers) Where's our look at what I did section?
              DESIGNbySAFIY Level 2

Well that sux, Adobe's site is a comfortable place. The support from the community would only serve to boost confidence and actual skill (not that you guys aren't supportive). The youtube/ Vimeo thing is "OK" but people always seem to get the few guys that wanna trash your work for no other reason than to be a butt hole. This serves no purpose to further ones abilities. Constructive critisism is always welcome of course but the comments on a lot of videos seem to lose sight of why it was even uploaded. I guess this also could be used as motivation but true input from like minded people is better I think. 

• 4. Re: (Up and Comers) Where's our look at what I did section?
                DESIGNbySAFIY Level 2

OK I must've typed my last comment at the same time as your reply, thanks a bunch. I did search, but in the AE community lol. This is awesome, gonna upload my 1st clip in a few days