5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 3:05 PM by JJMack

problem with text tool

elliot@shwingsonline.com

I am having a problem with the text tool. When I type text, I then highlight it to change color, font size, or design. Once I have completed those changes, I then click the move tool. Once I click that, the text disappears and the layer is empty. So essentially, I cannot edit text, and when I try to it gets deleted. I have already tried resetting the tool, and this did not fix the problem.

• 1. Re: problem with text tool
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Change text need to be committed before you move it. If you accidentally hit the enter key with the text highlighted you can easily end up with and empty text layer,  Did you click the check mark in the option bar to commit the text change?

Capture.jpg

• 2. Re: problem with text tool
            elliot@shwingsonline.com Level 1

Noter after hitting the check mark in edit mode the layer and font is okay.

--

Thank You

Elliot Hans

[ spam links and personal info removed by admin ]

• 3. Re: problem with text tool

Your reply with chimerical sales link is in bad taste if  not against the forum rules.  It does violate  the terms of use

5.2 Misuse. You must not misuse the Services or Software. For example, you must not:

(a) copy, modify, host, sublicense, or resell the Services;

(b) enable or allow others to use the Service or Software using your account information;

(c) use the content or Software included in the Services to construct any kind of database;

(d) access or attempt to access the Services by any means other than the interface we provided or authorized;

(e) circumvent any access or use restrictions put into place to prevent certain uses of the Services;

(f) Share content or engage in behavior that violates anyone’s Intellectual Property Right (“Intellectual Property Rights”means copyright, moral rights, trademark, trade dress, patent, trade secret, unfair competition, right of privacy, right of publicity, and any other proprietary rights.);

(g) Share any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, tortious, defamatory, libelous, vulgar, lewd, profane, invasive of another’s privacy, or hateful;

(h) impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;

attempt to disable, impair, or destroy the Services, software, or hardware;

(j) disrupt, interfere with, or inhibit any other user from using the Services (such as stalking, intimidating, or harassing others, inciting others to commit violence, or harming minors in any way),

(k) engage in chain letters, junk mails, pyramid schemes, spamming, or other unsolicited messages;

(l) market or advertise any products or services through the Services unless we specifically allowed you to do so;

(m) use any data mining or similar data gathering and extraction methods in connection with the Services; or

(n) violate applicable law.

• 4. Re: problem with text tool
                Nancy OShea Adobe Community Professional & MVP

@JJMack.

Don't you think that the commercial sig was auto generated by e-mail reply?

Nancy O.

• 5. Re: problem with text tool

Does that make not a violation?