2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2014 6:31 PM by A.T. Romano

How to create a DVD menu with two languages with Elements 12?

pdp_1

Hi!

I would like to create a DVD menu that offers two languages. So the first page gives two options: Language 1 and Language 2. Then depending on which language you choose, you go to a menu that proposes different videos and a photo slideshow.

Regardless on which language button you click on initially, you get the same content but in different languages.

I've been looking at Premiere's templates, which I can certainly customize, but I really don't see how to create the double menu. Does anybody have an idea?

Also, I have another question: can I put videos from different projects in the same DVD with Premiere or must all of the videos that go into the DVD be in the same project?

Thank you very much!!!

pdp1

• 1. Re: How to create a DVD menu with two languages with Elements 12?
          Peru Bob Adobe Community Professional & MVP

pdp_1 wrote:

Hi!

I would like to create a DVD menu that offers two languages. So the first page gives two options: Language 1 and Language 2. Then depending on which language you choose, you go to a menu that proposes different videos and a photo slideshow.

Regardless on which language button you click on initially, you get the same content but in different languages.

I've been looking at Premiere's templates, which I can certainly customize, but I really don't see how to create the double menu. Does anybody have an idea?

Put the video with the first language on the timeline followed by the video with the second language.  Use chapter markers so you can have each video as a chapter in the menu.

I use Premiere Pro, so I can't give more specific directions. Perhaps somebody like ATR will chime in.

Also, I have another question: can I put videos from different projects in the same DVD with Premiere or must all of the videos that go into the DVD be in the same project?

Thank you very much!!!

pdp1

They must be in the same project.

• 2. Re: How to create a DVD menu with two languages with Elements 12?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

pdp_1

The duration of your Timeline content may make Peru's suggestion of two versions on one Timeline prohibitive.

If not, it can be done, but...

What is your end product - DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc or AVCHD on DVD disc or even Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc?

Forget the plan altogether if AVCHD on DVD disc or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. For this for the AVCHD or Blu-ray, you will need stop markers in your

project and neither of them supports the use of stop markers at playback of the AVCHD or Blu-ray.

Keep in mind that each movie (in this case language) cannot have its own scene selection page.

Were you planning each language versions having its own scene selection buttons?

Depending on the circumstances, you might be better off going to a 2 disc set for your distribution.

Consider the above, but, above all things, never put a stop marker at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

If you ever need to know how to place a page before the main menu, I can tell you how to do that, But I have

not yet envisioned a scheme for that to help in what you described.

I will think about this some more.

ATR