1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 8:30 AM by gkaiseril

How to add text to a dynamic stamp?

abrams&company

Hello everyone,

For our company, I have created several dynamic stamps that change the time and date. To do so, I used the following custom script :

event.value = (new Date()).toString();

AFDate_FormatEx("h:MM tt, mmm dd, yyyy");

However, I cannot make the field adapt to the server it is on. Each employee has a different computer with their own log-in, and I want to make a dynamic stamp that can change the name in the stamp depending on the user.

For example, our stamp currently says:

RECEIVED

Time, Date, Year (the latter being dynamic)

What I am trying to do is:

RECEIVED

By NAME (a dynamic field that can adapt to the name of the server it is on), Time, Date, Year (also a dynamic field

Does someone know the script to enter in the "Custom Calculation Script" box to do so?

Thank you for your help!

• 1. Re: How to add text to a dynamic stamp?
          gkaiseril MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Have you looked at the supplied dynamic stamps. There should be stamps with the name but this name is determined by a number of system and application level values. If there are no name settings in the Acrobat/Reader application then the sys login name is used. If one sets the User name for the preferences then that name is used. And it might even be the name for a shared review.

For example the script for the "Approved" stamp:

event.value = (new Date()).toString();

AFDate_FormatEx("h:MM tt, mmm dd, yyyy");

event.value = "By " + ((!identity.name || identity.loginName != (event.source.source || this).Collab.user) ? (event.source.source || this).Collab.user : identity.name)

+ " at " + event.value;