4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2014 10:51 AM by Stemado

FormsCentral No Email Notification Sent

Stemado

I have a form that is set up to send email notifications when we have a form submitted.

This morning a client contacted us regarding a form they submitted but we had nothing in our email inbox from them (I have the subject line come in as "Message 1313" to easily identify and filter to folder). I checked formscentra.acrobat.com at the submissions and their submissions showed up in Responses, as well as another client's that was submitted within a few minutes of the first. I searched my inbox and found no notifications of their form submissions from them.

The previous 16 email notifications have come through in the past upon submissions, and the test I ran on the form after the above client sent theirs came to my inbox upon submission.

Is this a normal error that can be expected from time to time for some variety of technical reasons with Adobe FormsCentral email notifications? If not, is there anything I can do to lessen the chances of this happening again in the future?

Stephen

• 1. Re: FormsCentral No Email Notification Sent
          Drewy62 Adobe Employee

This is not considered a normal error. But there are conditions which may have confused your customer into thinking they had successfully submitted their form when they hadn't. On of the most common errors is if saving the form is enabled. Users often click this an think that this submits their data when it doesn't. The next most common problem is if you are using a PDF based workflow. In this scenario filler must use an Adobe Reader to fill out and submit successfully. Perhaps you can share the link to your form with me so I can take a look at what you have going on and see if I see any other potential problems.

Andrew

• 2. Re: FormsCentral No Email Notification Sent
            Stemado Level 1

Adobe FormsCentral

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your help. Above is the link.

For clarification: the information submitted by the client is transmitting into my FormsCentral account, however it is the email notification I have sent to my outlook email inbox that is not coming through. In retrospect, we just found a third now that did not submit a notification to my co-workers inbox, but it did submit to mine.  to my inbox to notify me I had a new response.

Quick Notification Dilemma Timeline:

September 8 Submission Notification (My Email: Success|Co-workers: Unsuccessful)

September 10 Submission Notification (My Email: Success|Co-workers: Unsuccsesful)

September 12 Submission Notification (My Email: Unsuccessful|Co-workers: Unsuccessful)

September 12 SubmissionNotification  (My Email: Unsuccessful|Co-workers: Unsuccessful)

The only common denominator I can find is that the two submissions on September 12 and September 8 were submitted fromcompany email addresses. September 10th submission was submitted from a university employee but I'm assuming could stil be considered a company email address, except that we received the educatino .edu submission notification in my and my co-workers email inbox.

Just trying to give as much information as I can to help you with this.

Stephen

• 3. Re: FormsCentral No Email Notification Sent
              Drewy62 Adobe Employee

I just saved and then subsequently submitted a test for (Name "Andrew Adobe") please let me know if you and your colleague receive a notification and that the submission shows up in your response table. If these actions both succeeded you might ask others from within the same mail domain as the failing forms to fill out some test forms for you. If you still can't figure out what is causing some forms to fail please let me know and I'll look into it further.

Andrew

• 4. Re: FormsCentral No Email Notification Sent
                Stemado Level 1

I think you found the missing link.

I received your submission in my table,  but did not receive the notification in either my or my colleague's inbox.