2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 10:32 AM by Jackeh3

images are printing very dirty looking ... how come?

Jackeh3

Images processed with CS6 and often NIK are printing from my iMAC with a very dirty look. Even an image I sent to a professional print shop printed this way, yet they look fine on my computer screen. I pulled the images into Elements on my MAC laptop and they printed fine on the same home printer ... any ideas??

• 1. Re: images are printing very dirty looking ... how come?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Color management or lack of same. Impossible to tell the exact details because you haven't provided any of that info. Presumably you embed an unsuitable color profile without actually converting/ compensating for that profile.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: images are printing very dirty looking ... how come?
            Jackeh3 Level 1

Thanks for your response.

sRGB, IEC61966-2.1, 360 ppi , 40.2 mp tif and (converted to smaller mp) jpg image both printed poorly on the iMAC with CS6 either on my own HP printer or at the professional print shop, both printed well on the MAC book in Elements on my home printer. Color management was identical in both cases. Another (more knowledgable then I) photo club member went thru the numbers and thinks they are OK.

He had experienced some increased darkness in some of his images at one point too,  but not to the degree I did. He uses PS CC.