3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2014 9:13 AM by ssprengel

Why can't I speak to a member of staff in this company?

Salemklik

I am a current Elements user and considering moving on to Lightroom. Can I get any way of asking someone in this company some questions about it without going through a forum? Every time I try to get a contact number or e-mail address I am told I must go through this route. Please someone give me a number or method to contact someone quickly or I may just not bother with my custom.

• 1. Re: Why can't I speak to a member of staff in this company?
          dj_paige Level 9

Can I get any way of asking someone in this company some questions about it without going through a forum?

Probably not. The people who respond here are not Adobe employees.

• 2. Re: Why can't I speak to a member of staff in this company?
            JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It appears that this is your first post on a forum. You will find that there are some very knowledgeable users here (of which I am not one). If you will take the time to carefully think out your questions and state them clearly, I believe you will find that you will get more reliable help here at this point. If you have questions about Lightroom you can ask them systematically until you get all your answers. Try it. You might be surprised.

• 3. Re: Why can't I speak to a member of staff in this company?
              ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The Customer Service and Tech Support people at Adobe you’d talk to are for figuring out problems you’re having installing or using a product that isn’t functioning like it should on your computer, and so would NOT know more than users, here, so the forums are your best chance of getting questions answered about actually what LR does and how to use it.

You can download a trial for LR and use it for free for 30-days, so that may answer a lot of your questions, or at least allow you to ask questions that are relevant to what LR does, rather than just theoretical.

I’d suggest downloading the LR 5.6 update from the Adobe updates page:  http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates

Depending on your reasons for looking at Lightroom, you may want to keep Elements and use it to work on LR images after you’ve done as much as you can in LR.  Or you may want to sign up for the Photography Plan subscription for $10/month (US) that includes full Photoshop-CC (not Photoshop Elements) and Lightroom which work as long as you keep paying:

https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography