5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2014 12:39 PM by Chris Cox

Lag problem in CC and CC 2014

NPRanger

Hello everyone

I have been searching for an answere for my lag problem and tried all kinds of stuff but I had now luck. I recorded two movies where you can observe my problem. One from Photoshop CC 2014 and one from Illustrator CC 2014.

The problem occurs both when using mouse and a cintiq. I disconnected the cintiq and restarted the system using only the mouse but still the same problem.

I have the system below:

OS                                          Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Version                                   6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 build 7601

Manufacturer                          Sony Corporation

Model                                     VPCF22S1E

Type                                       x64-based PC

Processor                               Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2001 Mhz, 4 kärnor, 8 logiska processorer

BIOS-version and date          American Megatrends Inc. R1190V3, 2011-09-05

SMBIOS-version                    2.7

RAM                                      8,00 GB

Total RAM                             7,98 GB

Available RAM                       5,66 GB

Total virtual memory             16,0 GB

Avaiable memory                  12,5 GB

Graphic card:

Name                                     NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

RAM                                      1,00 GB (1 073 741 824 byte)

Driver                                     nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver version version            9.18.13.3788

Best regards

Peter

• 1. Re: Lag problem in CC and CC 2014
          Level 7

In Illustrator, it looks like the OS is coalescing events when you get ahead of the program.

In Photoshop, it records your mouse/tablet movements and plays them back correctly even if you get ahead of the software.

As for why you are getting ahead - you are doing fast gestures, but the apps should be able to keep up unless you're working on a very high resolution document.

We have seen bugs in third party plugins, bugs in video card drivers, and sometimes wacom drivers  cause delays while painting.

• 2. Re: Lag problem in CC and CC 2014
            NPRanger Level 1

I tried old drivers and also the newest drivers but it is always the same problem. I also uninstalled the wacom driver but the problem is still there when painting with the mouse. I don´t use any third party plugins.

• 3. Re: Lag problem in CC and CC 2014
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

What zoom level are you brushing at and what kind of brush are you using. I find a lot of lag when the document has a large number of pixels and you zoom out like fit on screen.  Additional lag introduced when wet mixer brush are used a large tip size increase the lag even more.

Remember Photoshop was designed to be an image editor.  Paint is a nice addition but not Photoshop main gold.  If you want to paint I'm sure a program designed to be a paint program would perform better and have more painters features.  A paint pint program may paint  on the scaled down image and apply the paint to the large document in the background where is look like Photoshop Paint on the large document layer then scale the results down to the zoom out view for there is no lag in Photoshop when you paint at the 100% or higher view.

Digital Painting Software Review 2014 | Best Painting Software | Paint Programs - TopTenREVIEWS

• 4. Re: Lag problem in CC and CC 2014
                plummerdesign Level 1

NOTE: When perusing the community, the topic ‘LAG’ comes up too much.  I have been experiencing lag issues since the update to CC2014.2.0.  As with everyone else, the workstation is built for design/graphics so the finger only points to the updater.  Perhaps it is in the Flash itself, as that seems to be the source of the lag.  The program starts but takes longer than the previous version to become active/useable (I see the toolbar but have to wait for it to work). The Flash preloader should never show but does often enough to be annoying. 

If those of us who have systems capable of running 3D rendering are only having lag issues with PS, then the issue is the PS program itself.  As for me, the updater shall be uninstalled and a more stable CC version reinstated; at least until a patch is offered.

(Maybe a patch will be here on Monday…)

Cheers,

Jeffery

• 5. Re: Lag problem in CC and CC 2014
                  Level 7

The only way Flash would be involved is if you have Flash based panels/extensions open.

Most people are not seeing lag in CC 2014 -- but most of the reports of lag have been due to causes outside of Photoshop (firewalls, Kaspersky antivirus (update), video drivers, etc.).