7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 6:41 PM by A.T. Romano

Error 1317

DoneBySight

My Adode Premiere Elements 11 just stop working one day when I was trying to edit videos. I have tired to uninstall it and when I try to re install it I am getting an error message.

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 - set up

Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 11

I need help with getting this part of my program to start working again.

Donebysight@gmail.com

• 1. Re: Error 1317
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Done

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on? For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

1. Go to Control Panel/Programs and assure that Premiere Elements 11 is not somehow listed as an installed program. If it is, uninstall it.

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts) to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstall and reinstalls.

CCleaner - Download

3. Then reinstall Premiere Elements 11 with the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

The key to this will be the ccleaner clean up. We will consider what next based on your results from the above.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...It is not clear if you created this reinstall issue with the uninstall/reinstall or whether it was part of the original problem that caused you to

uninstall the program. For that we need to look deeper into "My Adode Premiere Elements 11 just stop working one day". But, for now let us focus

on the above.

• 2. Re: Error 1317
            DoneBySight Level 1

How do disable my firewall? still getting the same error message

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 8:31 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Error 1317
              DoneBySight Level 1

I am running Windows 8

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM, Travell Williams <donebysight@gmail.com>

• 4. Re: Error 1317
                DoneBySight Level 1

The issue occurred after I unistalled the software and then tried to

reinstall it to my computer.

I still have access to Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 installed and it is

working. I am still getting the same error message when I try and reinstall

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 after I have done the ccleaner.

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 8:31 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 5. Re: Error 1317
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Done

Thanks for the replies

What antivirus program do you have? Disabling the firewall(s) may get more complicated if you have McAfee which might take control of firewall as well as antivirus.

But, here is an article which applies to working with the Windows 8.1 firewall. It should apply to Windows 8 also.

Windows Firewall from start to finish - Windows Help

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Error 1317
                    DoneBySight Level 1

This didn't work either....

I have done the ccleaner

I have turn the firewall off

I am still getting the Error message.....

What's next?

Is their somewhere local in Atlanta that I can take the product into and my

laptop to have them look at what is causing the error?

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 4:53 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 7. Re: Error 1317
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Done

Typically Adobe offers help for the current version via its online Adobe Chat. No walk-in type Adobe centers for Premiere Elements troubleshooting.

Even Adobe Chat processes troubleshooting for purchased/registered/current version with an emphasis on current version. And, you have 11. The current version 12 will soon no longer be the current version. But, you can try to contact Adobe Chat anyway to determine if the current version requirement for troubleshooting might be extended to version 11.

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Adobe ID, Signing In

Adobe ID, signing in, account help

Chat Panel

As of a few moments ago the Chat Panel was available and active. Ignore the titles, they are given to get to an available and active Chat Panel line for immediate help or direction to an Adobe Tech department for help.

Before you try for the Chat Panel contact, try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file or the whole 11.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 11.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then delete the whole 11.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Options Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete

path cited.

An almost last resort might be to create a new User Account with Administrative Privileges, install and try to run Premiere Elements from it.

Please review and consider and then we can determine what next is available.

Thanks.

ATR