2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2014 10:43 AM by Haugen

Render a timelapse sequence

Haugen

I render my images from .raw and I choose best quality. The images itself are around 4GB, but the final video is 17GB. I open the video in Quicktime, right away it starts converting. I quit Quicktime and save the converted file which now is 4GB. What is happening in this process? Is this the right workflow?

• 1. Re: Render a timelapse sequence
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You have got to go through the getting started materials here. Basic Workflow

The default output for the Render Cue is LOSSLESS and this is not designed for playback, it's a lossless (means huge) file for your continued use in a production workflow. Watch the last video in the Basic Workflow that I sent you. It's about rendering and output for delivery.

It's impossible to learn to use AE by just poking the buttons because there are tens of millions of possible combinations. Might as well try and win the lottery by never buying a ticket.

• 2. Re: Render a timelapse sequence
            Haugen Level 1

Thank you very much! Was trying to find tutorials, but couldn't find what I was looking for.
            I continue to work with the timelapse in Final Cut Pro, but when I'm rendering the images I'm done with editing, so I can just render it as it was shown in the video?