9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2014 6:09 AM by MGW of Boulder

Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?

MGW of Boulder Level 1

I thought it allowed use on two.  However, I am now having a problem getting downloads on my second computer.

Premier Elements 11, Windows 7 on one system, Windows 8 on second system.

• 1. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Two is correct - so WHAT problems

• 2. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
            MGW of Boulder Level 1

Thanks for the answer.

First, I have transferred a video project archive to the new (Windows 8) computer and since PrE does not archive the Disk Menus, I need to download them again.  The download goes on forever and never completes.

Second, If I check on "Updates" on the "Help" drop down menu I get an error message that says I am not connected to the internet or I have a "Firewall" settings problem.

Before, I chased these, I wanted to make sure I was allowed two installations.

• 3. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
              MGW of Boulder Level 1

Gee, now the menu is downloaded.  Sure is a pain to have to redo the Disk Menu when I transfer a project to another computer via "Archive".

However, I am still getting an "update server is not responding message".

• 4. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW of Boulder

Before you do anything else....

Just saw your thread and the discussion, and it got me wondering.

If you have Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit and Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit

and

If you Project Archiver/Copy Project the Windows 7 64 bit project with disc menu X

You should have no problems in Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit if you downloaded the Content download for disc menu X in the opened project on Windows 8 64 bit before you opened the project file in the Copied folder.

Under those conditions, the menu created in Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit should be the same in detail viewed in Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 8 64 bit. Was that your bottom line, just a long Content download time in Windows 8 64b bit side of things?

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Archiving Projects With Disc Menus

You are using an Adobe designed menu customized by you within the program. Right? Not, a disc menu created from scratch? Right? I wonder when you mentioned "redoing" menus on the second computer.

The Help Menu/Update is another matter. There is no program update for Premiere Elements 11. So what are you expecting to Update? And, the Camera Raw for 11 is not accepting updates any more.

ATR

• 5. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
                  MGW of Boulder Level 1

I actually opened the project before I realized the Menu had not been downloaded yet.  Once downloaded after the project was already opened, for this disk menu, I had to re-input the title and my customization of the "Play" and "Scenes" buttons.

Also, there were some "overlapping" windows on the "Scenes" menus" that I had to again readjust.

Just part of the pain associated with "Archive". 

• 6. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW of Boulder

Thanks for the reply, but I would question the whys behind the experience that you described

There should be none of the following after you opened the project.prel in the Copied Folder on the second computer

1. re-put the title and your customization of the Play and Scenes buttons

2. readjusts for overlapping windows on the Scenes menus

There should be no pan associated with Project Archiver in this regard.

Please review and consider.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
                      MGW of Boulder Level 1

I think the problem had to do with the sequence (load project then download menu) of my operations.

If menu came along with the project via “Archive”, the problem would not exist.

• 8. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

MGW of Boulder

But, the menu does come along with the archived project (embedded in the project) and like embedded project assets needs to trace back

to the source. Consider project titles and project disc menus which are both project assets embedded in the project. It gets tricky.

But I see what you mean by "If menu came along with the project" as meaning if a copy of the menu were placed in the Copied Folder along

with copies of the project's non embedded assets and the copy of the project file.

ATR

• 9. Re: Does License Allow Use On Multiple Computers?
                          MGW of Boulder Level 1

Yep, I believe the Archive should contain all the Assets needed to generate the video as intended.  That would be the project five, image files, text, audio files, disk menus, etc.  Of course Adobe considers the Disk Menus to be tools and not assets.  That's the disconnect.