14 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2015 7:27 PM by station_two

Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash

evilveebel

I Installed photoshop CS6 extended on to my brand new mac book pro early 2013 and it has worked without any problems until Thursday September 4th 2014. whilst working on an illustration photoshop quit unexpectedly. A Huge binary explenation is included in the quit message. Having been instructed by Adobe to go on the forum I consequently on advise initially uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it. Following further advise I then removed the preference folder as well as the brushes folder from the library adobe section. I have also removed the illustion I was working on. I am at a loss as to what to do next as the problem has continued. Can someone please help me?as this has now become very frustrating.

• 1. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
          Level 5

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as:

your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster).

A screen shot could be very helpful too.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
            evilveebel Level 1

I have uninstalled photoshop and reinstalled it- although it doesn't reinstall as factory settings so i have removed the preferences file and the brushes file from the library.

Platform: Mac book Pro

- Photoshop CS6 Extended MAC OS Student and teacher edition Version 13.0 x64

Type of file- it was a PSD file

Some of the other information i am not comfortable with posting because this is an open forum or i don't understand the question,

however I can give you the screen shot of the error message. unfortunatly i couldn't reply with the entire problem system configuration

here it is:

Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 21.40.55.png

Thanks

• 3. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
              Level 7

You haven't installed any of the CS6 updates -- go install the Photoshop updates.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                evilveebel Level 1

Its been a while Chris but thank you Very much for the last problem I had, that fixed it however I have a new problem. Photoshop is crashing again constantly I've updated it to the latest update but it continues to crash and comes up with this error message. I have a feeling its to do with what ever exc_bad_access (sigsegv) is but I've noticed in the past many people have had this problem before. any chance you could help me again?

heres the crash report

Screen Shot 2015-01-31 at 15.30.26.png 

• 5. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                  Level 5

Again, you are back to the original release, CS6 13.0.0, when you should be at CS6 13.0.6.

The Photoshop updates have not been applied.  It looks like at some point you re-installed Photoshop and that always takes you back to the original version.

(By adding your new issue to a thread already marked as answered, you drastically reduced the number of people likely to see it.  That's why I'm replying.)

Go apply the updates ASAP.

• 6. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                    evilveebel Level 1

My photoshop has the 13.0.6 update and the latest is 13.0.6. It still continues to crash though

• 7. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                      JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Now that your up to date look a the Mac crash reports for you updated perpetual CS6 crashes.  What module is failing?   I don't know from what you posted is the failng module.  I use Windows and its crash reports spell it out for me.

• 8. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                        evilveebel Level 1

Where can I find the details of the module that is crashing? I can't see the word 'module' in my crash report.

• 9. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                          evilveebel Level 1

I use a MAC Book Pro

• 10. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                            Level 5

evilveebel wrote:

My photoshop has the 13.0.6 update and the latest is 13.0.6“

Now it does.   

• 11. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                              Level 5

evilveebel wrote:

Where can I find the details of the module that is crashing? I can't see the word 'module' in my crash report.

Scroll down the crash report window.  It is terribly long (tall).

• 12. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                                Level 5

evilveebel wrote:

No, you wouldn't.  That is PC/Windows terminology.

The Mac uses "Threads". 

You're crashing in the Mac OS:

Screen Shot 2015-02-01 at 11.56.34 PM.png

Consider doing all of the following in this precise order:

• Verify Disk with Apple's Disk Utility.

• Repair Permissions with Apple's Disk Utility.

Update your OS X to the latest (and last) version of Mavericks: 10.9.5 (Build 13F34) / released September 17, 2014; 4 months ago !.  There is very seldom a valid reason not to update the OS.

• Once again: Repair Permissions with Apple's Disk Utility all over again.

• Trash and recreate Photoshop preferences:   To re-create the preferences files for Photoshop, start the application while holding down Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS). Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Note: If this process doesn't work for you while you're using a wireless (Bluetooth) keyboard, attach a wired keyboard and retry.

Important: If you re-create the preferences by deleting the Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings file, make sure that you only delete that file. If you delete the entire settings folder, you also delete any unsaved actions or presets.

Reinstalling Photoshop does not remove the preferences file. Before reinstalling Photoshop, re-create your preferences.

NEW Video! Julieanne Kost created a video that takes you through two ways of resetting your Photoshop preferences. The manual preference file removal method is between 0:00 - 5:05. The keyboard shortcut method is between 5:05 - 8:18. The video is located here.

Mac OS

Important: Apple made the user library folder hidden by default with the release of Mac OS X 10.7. If  you require access to files in the hidden library folder to perform Adobe-related troubleshooting, see How to access hidden user library files.

• 13. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                                  evilveebel Level 1

Nope tried every one of those none of them worked

• 14. Re: Photoshop CS6 Continues to crash
                                    Level 5

Then come clean with your complete and detailed setup specs.  Maybe your Mac Book is not up to the task.  Could be insufficient installed RAM, insufficient available space on your boot drive, inadequate scratch space, etc.  It could also be bad RAM, RAM modules can and do go bad over time.  Apple is as susceptible as any 3rd party RAM supplier ti delivering faulty RAM sticks.

BOILERPLATE TEXT:

Note that this is boilerplate text.

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand,

such as your platform (Mac or Win),

exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop (not just "CS6", but something like CS6v.13.0.6) and of Bridge,

your settings in Photoshop > Preference > Performance

the type of file you were working on,

machine specs, such as total installed RAM, scratch file HDs, total available HD space, video card specs, including total VRAM installed,

what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far,

what error message(s) you receive,

if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them,

if you're having printing issues, indicate the exact make and model of your printer, paper size, image dimensions in pixels (so many pixels wide by so many pixels high). if going through a RIP, specify that too.

A screen shot of your settings or of the image could be very helpful too,

etc.,

someone may be able to help you (not necessarily this poster, who is not a Windows user).

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!