3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 11:12 AM by A.T. Romano

Cant open RAW files once editited

Johnzzzlcpl

Hi im having a problem i have just bought a new computer  with windows 8.1 64bit and i had a 32bit on my old computer , now program installed ok and updated , But when i open a RAW file then edit it to what i want and then ask to open in elements  it comes up saying Could not complete your request because of program error , Please help .

John W Cartwright

• 1. Re: Cant open RAW files once editited
          A.T. Romano Level 7

John W. Cartwright

Your question cannot be answered without clarified details.

Is your program Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements and what version? Windows 8.1 64 bit seems to be the computer on which it is running.

What do you mean by RAW file? Raw image still file or an unprocessed video file from a camera?

I suspect that you have some version of Photoshop Elements on Windows 8.1 64 bit, have edited a raw image still in Camera Raw, and cannot get the Camera Raw edited image in the Photoshop Elements Editor. Did I guess correctly? If so, you have posted in the wrong forum.

Your thread has somehow been posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing) and not the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum.

If I am correct on the situation, please re-post your thread in the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or wait for a moderator here to see your thread here and move it from here to there.

Photoshop Elements

Raw image still can be imported into Premiere Elements as source media, but cannot be edited in Camera Raw without Photoshop Elements being installed on the same computer.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Cant open RAW files once editited
            Johnzzzlcpl Level 1

Hi there thanks for getting back , i wish to report that i have sorted out my problem , with the RAW photos from my Nikon D7000 , guess it was mostly my own fault , sorry if i am a pain but thanks for getting back so quickly.

All the very best John W Cartwright

• 3. Re: Cant open RAW files once editited
              A.T. Romano Level 7

John W Cartwright

Thanks for the great news that you have resolved your own issue. Great job.

No question is insignificant if you do not have an answer for it. So never hesitate to ask questions and ask for clarification for small, intermediate, or big questions.

If you have the time, please let us know how you solved your specific problem. That would be appreciated by all who find your thread.

If you do not have time, I understand and wish you continuing success with your Nikon D7000 RAW photos and your processing of them and/or using them as source media in a Premiere Elements video project.

Best wishes

ATR