3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2014 12:44 PM by Peter Spier

CC2014 InDesign displaying in laptop resolution

Metatherone

I recently updated to CC2014 and InDesign (and Illustrator) are displaying in laptop resolution. Photoshop and Dreamweaver and updated and are fine but InDesign. No other problems have this issue so I'm not sure if there is anything I can do in Adobe to reset this. Recommendations?

• 1. Re: CC2014 InDesign displaying in laptop resolution
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You have not provided any proper system information, so we can't know. I don't even what "laptop resolution" is supposed to mean, things being that different laptops have different resolutions and display sizes.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: CC2014 InDesign displaying in laptop resolution
            Metatherone Level 1

Sorry, first time posting to the forum when Adobe FAQ didn't have anything so didn't know if it might be a common problem. To better explain the situation:

I recently started at a position using Adobe CC (2013 I assume? I had not used CC prior to this) on a Dell Latitude Laptop running Windows 7 Professional SP1 exporting to a Samsung 21" HDMI monitor. While running the original Adobe Cloud programs I had no difficulties with any applications at 1920x1080. However, since upgrading to CC2014 Illustrator and InDesign are both displaying at what I can only describe as 'lower resolution' or 'magnified' like one might have on a laptop screen - in that all screen items, text and panels are displaying twice as large as they do in their predecessors. In fact, I upgraded to Photoshop CC2014 and After Effects CC2014 and they work just find. It appears that only InDesign and Illustrator are defaulting to this format.

Additional note: I do occasionally run dual screen where I have my laptop screen open but display the apps on the monitor, When I drag the apps to the laptop screen (also 1920x1080) everything is still larger in InDesign/Illustrator.

If there are any additional details I left out please let em know but I hope that this proved more helpful.

• 3. Re: CC2014 InDesign displaying in laptop resolution
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

You probably have the system set to show fonts at 125 or higher so ID thinks you are using an ultra-high resolution monitor. Change that to 124% or less and you'll get the smaller size interface. We all hope this becomes a user setting soon.