7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 6:13 PM by A.T. Romano

When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?

oceansidemultimedia

Premiere Elements 12 Installed just fine. When I click Organizer or Video Edit to start a new project it does nothing but show lines going across the software front page.

Then it reset's back to the front page with no changes.

I can start a new project.

Any suggestions?

Windows 7, 64 ... plenty of space and all of the MS updates installed.

I also turned over McAfee to test it.

Thanks

Gene

• 1. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Gene

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running on?

Let us go through the usual drill

1. Latest version of QuickTime installed on computer with Premiere Elements 12?

2. Running program from User Account with Administrative Privileges?

3. Video card/graphics card up to date according to web site of manufacturer of the card?

McAfee frequently causes serious problems for Premiere Elements (any version). How sure are

you that it is really disabled? You may want to contact McAfee about setting its software to avoid any conflicts

with Premiere Elements.

Please review and consider and then we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?
            oceansidemultimedia Level 1

Thanks ATR,

Windows 7, 64 Bit Operating System.

8 GM or memory

Quick Time was not updated. I have since updated it.

I'm the admin for this single computer and all the video card info is current.

I contacted McAfee to turn off  the fire wall and the virus protection for 60 minutes.

I also restarted the machine and I'm still get the same issue with the new project link.

Do you have a second level of suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

Gene

• 3. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gene

Thanks for the reply and the troubleshooting steps that you tried.

Please clarify...can you open the Elements Organizer 12 from the Welcome Screen or can you not open Elements Organizer 12 and Premiere Elements 12 Editor from the Welcome Screen?

How many video cards/graphics cards does your computer use - one or two? What are they? Please verify under Device Manager/Display Adapters?

When in the properties of a card/under Driver tab, what is shown for driver version and driver date? Is the card driver up to date according to the Device Manager or according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

Also, consider renaming the SLCache Folder first, and then the SLStore Folder as well if necessary.

Please see the details in the following

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE12: Premiere Elements 12 Editor Will Not Open

We will be watching for further developments.

Your follow ups are appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?

Yes, I can open from the welcome screen. I can click on "Video Editor" and it just spins with the purple and dark purple bars.

I have one graphic card installed. It's an Intel (R) HD Graphic device. Windows and microsoft have determined that its up to date.

I've renamed both folders. No luck.

Is there any other steps or reasons why this won't work?

Gene

• 5. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Gene

But, can you get the Elements Organizer 12 to open from the Welcome Screen?

More later.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?

No, the Organizer won't open and neither will the Video Editor.

They both spin and then stop.

Gene

• 7. Re: When I click New Project. It just spins and resets without starting a new project.Why?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Gene

Thanks for the replies and additional information.

I was almost sure that one of the previously suggested troubleshooting steps would solve the problem but unfortunately that was not the case.

So, let us look at the following factors....

1. Delete the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, then delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 12.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 12.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active so that you can see the complete path cited.

2. Try to open the Premiere Elements 12 Editor from its Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file rather than desktop icon which uses Adobe Premiere Elements 12.exe file.

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe Premiere Elements 12

and in the Adobe Premiere Elements 12 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file that you double click to open the Premiere Elements 12 Editor bypassing the Welcome Screen. If necessary, we could create a desktop shortcut for the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file for future use to open the program.

Also, look at the necessity to right click the desktop icon for the program and the .exe files and apply Run As Administrator to each even if you are running the program from a User Account with Administrative Privileges.

3. Consider creating a new User Account with Administrative Privileges and install and running Premiere Elements 12 in it (I would save this consideration for the last.)

Please review. We will be watching for the results.

Thank you.

ATR