8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 1:57 AM by Jeff Arola

Puzzle effects

Antia

Can anyone please give me advice on how to create a 3d or 2d puzzle effect in cs6.  I have tried to find the puzzle texture under filter, but it is not there.  I went to Program files (x86), to adobe, to presets, but it is not there.  Please help me to find it.

I have downloaded Puzzle Effects by PanosFX and i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you

• 2. Re: Puzzle effects
          Antia Level 1

Thank you for the link, however, as I have mentioned, I don't have the puzzle under texture, even if I do exactly as told, it is not found.

• 3. Re: Re: Puzzle effects
            Level 5

This is from the link I provided:

Step 6: Open Photoshop’s “Texturizer” Filter Dialog Box

As I mentioned at the beginning of this tutorial, most of the work of actually creating the puzzle pieces is already done for us thanks to one of the textures that are installed for free with Photoshop. Unfortunately, even though the texture is sitting on your hard drive ready for use, it’s not actually loaded into Photoshop, at least not automatically. We’ll need to load it in ourselves, but before we can do that, we’ll need to bring up Photoshop’s Texturizer filter, so go up to the Filter menu at the top of the screen, choose Texture, and then choose Texturizer:

Selecting the Texturizer filter from the Filter menu in Photoshop. Image © 2008 Photoshop Essentials.com.

from there you can continue reading the tutorial:

Step 7: Load The “Puzzle” Texture

This brings up the large Texturizer filter dialog box, with a preview window on the left and the options for the filter on the right. We need to load in the “Puzzle” texture that Photoshop has installed on your hard drive, so click on the small arrow to the right of the Texture selection option on the right of the dialog box, which brings up a menu with only one option, Load Texture. Click on it to select it:

Clicking on the small arrow beside the Texture selection option, then select 'Load Texture'. Image © 2008 Photoshop Essentials.com.

Click on the small arrow to the right of the Texture selection option, then select “Load Texture”.

This opens the Load Texture dialog box, allowing us to navigate to our texture. The “Puzzle” texture we’re looking for is located inside the Photoshop directory on your hard drive, wherever you happened to install Photoshop. On a PC (Windows), the default install location is on your C: drive, so first navigate to your C: drive, then open your Program Files folder. Inside the Program Files folder, you’ll find an Adobe folder, and inside the Adobe folder, you’ll find your Photoshop folder. The actual name of the Photoshop folder will depend on which version of Photoshop you’re using. So, for example, if you’re using Photoshop CS3 as I am here and you installed Photoshop to the default location, your Photoshop folder will be at C:\Program files\Adobe\Photoshop CS3.

On a Mac, things are a bit easier. You’ll find your Photoshop folder inside your Applications directory on your hard drive. Again, the actual name of your Photoshop folder will depend on which version of Photoshop you’re using.

Once you’ve located your Photoshop folder, double-click on it to open it. Inside the folder, you’ll find a Presets folder. Double-click on it to open it, and now look for a Textures folder. Double-click on it to open it, and you’ll see all of the textures that Photoshop installed for us. There’s quite a few of them to choose from, but the one we want for our puzzle effect is the Puzzle texture. Click on it to select it, then click on the Load button to load the texture:

Loading the Puzzle texture in Photoshop'. Image © 2008 Photoshop Essentials.com.

Navigate to your Texture folder inside your Photoshop directory, then select the Puzzle texture.

…and so forth and so on…

Please, please don't tell me you "don't have" ii after this.

You need to read the whole tutorial, there is much more to it than clicking with your mouse.

• 4. Re: Puzzle effects
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

The Puzzle Effects by PanosFX is an action.

(doesn't need the puzzle texture)

Did you download it from the adobe exchange or from the panosfx website?

Did you look in the Actions panel fly-out menu?

(Window>Actions)

• 5. Re: Puzzle effects
                Antia Level 1

Where do I find the actions panel window?  I am sorry I must sound really dumb

• 6. Re: Puzzle effects
                  Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

In photoshop cs6, look under Window>Actions

Screenshot-(17).png

• 7. Re: Puzzle effects
                    Antia Level 1

Thank you so much I found it, now how do I use it?