I am experiencing a very serious blocking bug. Somehow, when I update certain text styles and click Preview or Update Style Definition, the program goes to 100% CPU (single thread) and never recovers. The same happens when moving certain spreads in the document or updating a color swatch. I suspect a bad font, but I can't change the fonts, because the program freezes when I redefine styles. When I change the color or font manually in the workspace of the document, everything works. Any ideas, Adobe?
I have tried deleting the SavedData and Preferences, it doesn't have an effect.
I am using InDesign CC 2014 on Windows 7. I have never experienced such behavior from InDesign before. (I've got a lot of experience with the program since Version CS1)
I'm not Adobe, but try removing the suspect fonts manually from the system before you launch ID, then use Find Font to replace them.
I've done what you said. All fonts used are deleted. The problem is persisting. The fonts are from good sources, so I wouldn't expect that. This is specific to InDesign CC2014.
I have found a new error. It seems to have something to do with conditional text. I have two conditions defined. When I show a certain condition, InDesign immediately crashes.