• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM12 Save as RTF 1.6 Crashes Intermittently

Contributor ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM 12.0.2.389 in Windows 8 Pro (not 8.1). Only FM and Windows Explorer open. Is there a known issue with Save as RTF 1.6 in FrameMaker 12? I would like to be able to predict the crashes, because it killed me on a deadline yesterday.

Often, when saving an unstructured six page FM as RTF 1.6, FrameMaker crashes (and closes). I get a message that FrameMaker has stopped working, and anything I select results in FrameMaker closing and when I reopen the FM I have to reset the file lock.

And, other times, the RTF is created.

And the crash or successful save has happened without any changes to the FM in question. I cannot identify any factor contributing to the crash, when the crash happens (so I cannot provoke or predict the crash), but when the crashing starts it persists for a while.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use MIF2go instead. It's now free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy did a great job with Mif2Go, which was solid. Did someone pick up the reins to support it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Yahoo group for this now at https://groups.yahoo.com/group/omsys-dev with Scott Prentice at the helm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'll think about getting Mif2Go again. It's been a while.

I sent the error logs to fmerror@adobe.com, if they still look at those.

Cheers,

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines