2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2014 10:04 PM by Willi Adelberger

Create a pdf as single pages from a spread in InDesign

ajuaire122707

I have a 4 panel brochure in InDesign. The document is laid out as two pages 24.312 inches wide by 9.5 inches tall. I ultimately want to create an 8 page PDF - single tiles of the panels from the brochure. I cannot figure out how to do this.

• 1. Re: Create a pdf as single pages from a spread in InDesign
          SJRiegel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Create a new InDesign document with a page size of one panel. You can then place your existing InDesign document into the new one as an image, and move and crop as needed.

• 2. Re: Create a pdf as single pages from a spread in InDesign
            Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

You did set up your document with a mess!

I did another answer to the same topic today:

1. Create a new document (File > New > Document…) with 4 pages,in put your size of the trimmed pages, insert the bleed. First page is page 4!
              Start.png
            2. You have to inform yourself on the bleed size! Ask the printer!

3. Click twice on the right page thumbnail in the panel and go to the section and numbering menu in the panel’s fly out menu and change to start with page 2.
              selectpage2.png
            4. Change the page to a start of a new section, start with 1.
              changestart2.png
            5. You have now facing pages 4 | 1 &  2–3 with correct page numbers in 2 spreads. On page 1 you see the triangle which indicates that here is a new section.

spreads.png
            6. When you finally export your PDF for print Export as single pages, not as spread.