• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why unable to open the item? Or ”Protected by Digital Rights Management”.

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read ebooks with Adobe Reader. But lately some books (file type epub) are impossible to open. When trying on my PC (Windows 8) I get the answer ”Unable to open the item. Please contact Sony customer support. Error: document.”. And when trying on my ebook reader Sony PRS-T2 i get the answer ”Protected by Digital Rights Management”.

Moreover, it is the same thing with my android devices (tablet Sony Xperia Z2 and smartphone Sony Xperia ZR), where I use UB Reader to read. My tablet says ”Filformatet stöds inte.” (= The file format is not supported.) And my smartphone says ”Du har inte rätt att öppna den här boken. Kontrollera ditt Adobe ID.” (= You are not allowed to open this book. Check your Adobe ID,)

I have been able to read the ebooks earlier but some months ago (or earlier, I don´t know exactly) this happened. I have a valid Adobe ID and have bought and downloaded the books from big and established book shops.

Do somebody know what has happened? And what I can do, to be able to read the books?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would ask in then Digital Editions forum, Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2015 Oct 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DRM is Protected by Digital Rights Management. In general, companies that sell electronic books apply this type of security you may only download books purchased by him in other devices, sometimes limited to 5. It would be interesting to know where you bought or at least sent to the store a message to indicate what you have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[discussion moved from Reader forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines