• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing flash player on old sytem with window xp 32 bit

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble installing flash player. get to about 71% installled and then error out with failed to register.  Need help in find the correct soultion to fix the problem. I have tried about every solution that is recommended.  Had trouble the last time when tryinh to install verion #12.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide the C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall.log file using the instructions posted here, How to share a document.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can not use the share a document program it is under maintence.   Do you have another way for me to provide the flashinstall log.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

This is the file you wnated, got the acrobat to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2014 Sep 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Oldman7,

The log file you posted only contains uninstall information.  It doesn't contain any install attempts.  Please post a log file containing install attempt.  Thank you.

@Vinix Wu,

Please run the attached reset_fp15.bat file.  It has been updated with resent versions of Flash Player, that are not contained in the files you have.  We are in the process of updating the link to the reset_fp file in the tech note, Flash Player | Windows registry permissions, with this latest file.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tryied to reinstall twice show on log at bottom. stillfailing to registy at installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oldman7,

Thanks for posting the new files.  Please try the recommendation in the Flash Player | Windows registry permissions tech note, but use the reset_fp15.bat.zip file I posted previously, and take heed of the warning on the page, before proceeding.  You'll definitely want to back up your system, create a System Restore Point, and back-up the system registry (although this last item is not mentioned in the tech note).

Essentially the 'failed to register' error is being returned due to 'access denied' permissions errors (for both you and Vinix Wu).  The permissions need to be repaired fro Flash Player to register.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you it worked,  You have been very helpful  with this problem.  Thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2014 Sep 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oldman7,

Thank you for confirming that the reset batch file worked for you. Much appreciated.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2014 Dec 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me - I haven't been able to update my Flash player for a couple of years ... until I installed subinacl.exe & running the reset_fp15.bat file. My Firefox browser had disabled my flash player so I HAD to find a solution without reinstalling XP SP3 on my laptop.

Prior to finding this forum I uninstalled  my AVG antivirus. This desperado action failed to overcome the "insufficient user permissions" problem while trying to install Adobe Flash.

No other program installer has given me such grief as the Adobe flash installer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a PC(Windows XP SP3) in the company. I've tried running script reset_fp10.cmd and reset_fp11.bat with SubInACL installed.

The FlashInstall.log is below:

How to solve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines